Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mindwitch

my god! it was the splenda!

some of you may remember me from my beyond dramatic post a couple days ago.i recently discovered why i was breaking out so much.this entire week i've eated like i usually do except one thing that i hadnt noticed. i started eating my oatmeal with splenda! i was drencing my oatmeal with splenda every time i ate it. and when i stopped my acne calmed down. i had no idea that consuming splenda would affect my skin so badly. i researched online and discovered that im not the only one whos had bad skin problems with splenda. so i thought id post this thread to let others know that if ur going to use an articial sweetner in ur food atleast use about as much of it as u wld real sugar....but then again im personally done with splenda all together. i might add real sugar than use a substitute thats gonna cause me to break out anyway.

Yeah yeah artificial sugars are terrible, cause acne, make you fat, give you diabetes, cancer heart disease.. Just about everything bad.

Good to know thanks for posting ^_^

You should use Stevia or Xylitol instead of Splenda... Splenda is horrible. Stevia and Xylitol are sweetners from nature and do not spike your blood sugar, they should not make you break out. You can get them at any health food store.