Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dolphins

Tazorac

I've been using tazorac for the past 3 weeks and it has cleared my acne completely. I've been able to use it every day(0.1% version of taz) without irritation. My question is, could it benefit scarring even if it's not making me peel?

It's the strongest retinoid available, yet retin-a makes me peel more than the tazorac.

Thanks

hey dolphins smile.gif.. ive used tazorac before an it was one of the most awesome topicals i thought.. i used it for a year or two, and like you didnt have a problem with peeling, but over that year or two my scars definitely improved, nothing really dramatic, but it was noticeable. so id say it definitely can improve your scars without peeling. hope that helped- caroline

Taz made me peel, a little bit though in certain spots. Think of it as renewing your skin.

it has cleared me up also! but i dont believe it helps with scars. what kind of scars do you have? if they are shallow indents, just use the tape method. it works for me. wash your face with cetaphil, wait for your face to dry, then apply the tape firmly onto your skin (FIRMLY!). then, gently peel it off from the bottom up. do it no more than once every three days because it can irritate your skin if it is done to often. give it a try, its working quite well for me.

good luck

DA

I've had two derms tell me that after 6 months on taz I should be able to see a big difference in my skin as well as scarring. There have been others on this board that say it has helped their scars. Both derms that I have seen prescribe it for stretch marks and other scars including acne scars with great results. I have yet to see if it will work for me. I've only used for 3 weeks now, and what I've noticed is that my acne has cleared completely, and I get light visible peeling almost every day. I'm praying.