Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grind

Why wont these old red marks GO AWAY?!?!?!?

I have not had any kind of break out for quite a while, other than 2 weeks ago i had 2 to the right of my lip and 2 near my nose, all quite close. 2 out of the 4 were quite bad and painful etc and the other 2 were not that bad...

Yet, 2 weeks in and they STILL LOOK LIKE THEY ONLY JUST CAME YESTERDAY!!

there is nothing in them, its just red marks. i dont fucking understand it this has never happened before. NOTHING will heal them its just they are there, like someone put a cigarette on my face 4 times in 1 area. if i were to break out again while these are still there, WTF am i meant to do then?! how do i know if those ones will stay here like this

what am i doing (or not doing) wrong. i hear people talk about 'red marks' on this forum, but i thought they were just talking about regular pimples. this is actual proper 'red marks' which show no sign of going away. this is scaring me.

i've been a sufferer for 10 years and pretty much have it under control, but this is new to me. like my skin is incapable of healing.

please help me out here

You got to be realistic on the time frame of the Red marks. It usually goes away after 3 to 8 months. The more inflamme the pimple is, the longer it takes for the marks to go away.

Yep, red marks takes time to heal. Put some Vitamin E on them, and also vitamin a, d and zinc. Some sufferers here got more tips.

we're talking months? jesus

i just got one big one forming on my chin, and also another 2 AGAIN in the same place as where the red marks are. i really really look like absolute shit and the reason i ran straight on here just now, is because i passed one of my friends / colleagues in the office after i went to the bathroom, and he said "how are you doing my friend, wow you really dont look good, what is going on?"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i gave the excuse that i've been working late every night etc (which is 50% true, but not the cause of this shit)

oh man ,i need to make another thread i'm going mad. i looked in themirror and i look like fucking death and these red marks are just adding insult to injury

Edited by Grind

Like ciggie burns....haha. Pretend you're some bad ass that just got out of some hardcore interrogation by the KGB....

just kidding. I definitely feel your pain. I have about 1/4" red marks that I can only assume are fresh scars.

Vitamin E oil is a really good idea, so is moisturizing with aloe vera...I'm also looking into trying some silicone scar sheets or essential oils that are supposed to aid in skin repair.

Ugh, I know it sucks to feel like you've been 'marked' so to speak, but these things take time to heal...and if you feel bad mentally and emotionally, it will only make you're appearance worse. At least that's the head trip I'm trying to pull on myself now....it does kind of work. :)

Stay strong!

It's just a scar, except that it's a "flat" scar. The redness you see is either Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation or Post Inflammatory Erythema or a combination of the two. These two effects

are the bodies reaction to some sort of skin trauma. Which one you get depends on ethnicity and genetics.

Workout, take sea salt soaks, get good sleeps, and drink lots of water. Lastly if you want them

to go away stop paying attention to them as there is a psychological aspect to these things.

And regardless of what people say, get some sunshine not too much just a moderate amount.

Oh yea and don't bombard them with a whole pharmacy of products, you will only make them angrier!!!

thanks for the replies lads

its such a disaster, but such is life.

vitamin E oil hmmm, i'll check it out

thanks again

Emu oil is GREAT for red marks. Also look into skin lightning creams, or use lemon juice as a skin lightener.

what is the translation for emu oil in Russian please? or do you know any russian product. thanks