Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blwac

Changing Accutane dose; a little over 3 months in.

I am a little over 3 months of my 5 month treatment of accutane. My dose is alternating days of one 40mg/per day and 2 40mg/per day. So I basically take one pill one day then 2 the next then 1 again and so on. Well I am a cross country runner, and we are starting to get towards the big meets at the end of the season. However, I have been sore and tired my last few races, and we believe it might be the accutane. I called my dermatologist, and he said I could start taking only one pill a day until the end. I want to do the right thing with accutane, so is it ok to start taking a lower dose? Will it affect me in any way?

There's a possibility it won't affect your outcome, and there's also a possibility your acne will come back after finishing the rest of the course on a lower dose if you don't meet cumulative dosage recommendations.

By the time my races are over, my course will be over. So I'll probably just stay on the once a day path for the rest of the time and see how it goes.