Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amazingness

My Pursuit of Happiness (clear skin) hopefully assisted by Accutane

Hey everyone. I'm new to this site although I have kind of been creeping on people's logs for a while so I decided to make an account.

I'm a 16 year old female with moderate to mild acne that kinda just won't go away.

I've been on Accutane (Claravis) for fifteen days. 40 mg a day for five months. I haven't had a lot of issues besides the chapped lips (thank god for Aquaphor) and I feel like I can see a little bit of improvement (knock on wood). I haven't had an initial breakout (yet). I'm not banking on the fact that I won't but I'm hoping I just won't have one. Basically I'm hoping for the best but prepared for the worst. :)

Hey,

I'm a 15 year old male, I am on accutane , I've been on it for 3 months already! And I don't think you will get internal break outs , I did not get any. One fast tip it to get A LOT of sleep. It really helps,

Any who, Good luck with the accutane.

-Brad

I haven't posted here in a while (I've been busy) but I guess I'll try to update.

So for the second month (and third month) they changed my dosage to 40 mg twice a day. I'm somewhere in the middle of my third month and I haven't had any bad side effects. Except for the chapped lips which are absolutely miserable (especially when I'm at school and I forget my Aquaphor) but I can deal. My skin is AMAZING. I mean its not all the way there yet but its clearer than its been in years. I've had acne since I was in fourth or fifth grade so its kind of weird to touch my face and not just feel disgusting bumps. Like I can't even remember having clear skin.

So anyways I'll try to update this a bit more often :)