Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stayup

questions about rednessss

ok so im currently taking bactrim i was prescribed from my dermatologist, and im doing dans regiem with my own products, im using clean an clear cream cleanser, this neutrogena acne control lotion with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide in it, and 100% pure jojoba oil, is this good stuff to use?? cause my chin is pretty red when im under those brightttt white lights and it looks like i have a friggin disease or something but under other lights you cant really see it but you can see discoloration and outside its not thatttt noticable but its still is alittle so i was wondering if it will go away eventually using these products? im on week 2 for bactrim taking it twice a day just as a fyi. so let me know pleaseeeee!

Heya

Personally, if you are prone to redness i'd keep away from BP and harsher cleansers like Clean & Clear (or Clearasil for that matter). Find a gentle cleanser and keep the skin care regimine as simple as possible. Ensure you wear at least an spf15 sunscreen or moisturiser during the daytime as Bactrim makes you more sun and lights sensitive.

Best, Shantelle

Heya

Personally, if you are prone to redness i'd keep away from BP and harsher cleansers like Clean & Clear (or Clearasil for that matter). Find a gentle cleanser and keep the skin care regimine as simple as possible. Ensure you wear at least an spf15 sunscreen or moisturiser during the daytime as Bactrim makes you more sun and lights sensitive.

Best, Shantelle

Hi..

I have the same problem as the op.. looking bad under brighter, whiter lights..

I have no idea what brand of sunscreen or moisturizer to buy.. since I've heard the major brands put skin harming agents in it.

Perhaps I should consider more expensive skin lightening products I've heard about? the ones that are meant to recover skin damage from the sun... even though my problems weren't caused by the sun.. again.. I have no idea of what brands/product to buy.

I agree the clean and clear is probly the worst thing for your skin! its because it irriates it usually causing more redness.

I have the same problem!!!! I was on these expensive creams recommended by my derm and they worked for the first few months, but oh my god did they ruin my skin now! the main ingredient was a skin bleacher which just killed my skin, now I have an irritation on my chin too :( and yeah it looks scary as hell when seen in bright lights :|

Im trying to not put much on it now so it can calm down and hopefully fix itself. I wash with spectro jel blemish prone because its gentle and doesnt irriate it anymore. and just put on moisturizer (neutrogena sensitive skin oil free) but are thinking of changing to a spectro moisturizer as well. hopefully it calms down and doesnt break out-thats the last thing i need after this terrible irritation!