Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deletethisshit

Really depressed...

Hey guys,

I'm so depressed about my red marks. This is what really got me down: last week around monday I got really depressed cause my red marks looked well... red. They stayed that way all day until the next day of school, when I put make up on them to make them look "normal" and went to school. Fast forward a few days and they are looking great. Like really nice, light pink/purple... I was so happy.

Basically my routine goes like this, I wake up and they look pretty decent, take a shower, come out, they look light pink/purple and I'm happy. Just before I go to school I put a few dabs of make up on them just to make them even less noticeable and give me the confidence I need. I come home and wash my face, just with water, and they look pretty much the same as before. Light pink or whatever.

I was so happy these past few days because they looked good and going for supper downstairs was actually enjoyable. For the first time in a lonnnnng time (like 2 years) I looked my family in the eye and joked around and was so happy.

Fast forward to today after I came back from school. Came home, washed the make up off the red marks and they looked good. But I really wanted to make sure it was my red marks looking good and not like left over make up or dead skin covering them. I busted out actual face wash and washed them and they still looked good, but as I peered close to the mirror over my big red mark, I noticed like a bit of skin or something on it and I like gently rolled it off the mark and my mark looked so fuckin shitty and red again and now I'm fuckin depressed again...

I'm depressed cause I don't know whether or not it's my marks that are actually looking good on "good days" or if it's like dead skin or left over make up still covering them that builds up you know. Now I'm even more depressed cause I'm in a horrible mood and tonight supper I'll be looking down and all ashamed and pissed again when just LAST NIGHT I was my old happy joking self. I'm so tired of feeling like I'm making progress and then feeling that stripped away from me. I'm also tired of putting my life on hold for these marks and I hate that all my friends and people at school think I'm always a happy guy when really I'm depressed a lot and have so many emotional struggles going on.

How do you guys deal with it? The ups and downs especially regarding your red marks... and like... when they look bad how do you comfort yourself or face the world?

I know how you feel, it's really hard to tell if you're making any progress with red marks :doubt: Just hang in there, they all fade in time.

I'm afraid so. As far as the ups and downs, think how much you've got through already?

How long have you had yours?

And it's hard to think how much you've gone through when in literally an instant they can look as bad as they did 6 months or a couple of years ago... I just never know where I'm at with these things...

How long have you had yours?

They range from nearly 2 years - 2 weeks.

And it's hard to think how much you've gone through when in literally an instant they can look as bad as they did 6 months or a couple of years ago... I just never know where I'm at with these things...

I know exactly what you mean with this, for example today mine have been fairly good. I bet when I wake up tommorow.......................disaster :L

I'm just wondering... is it worth trying again? I mean... my marks still "flare up" meaning get redder when agitated. That can only happen with blood vessels underneath right? So logically V-beam should end this, I just can't believe after 2 strong treatments they still do it...

Have you tried aha or retinoids before? I have used diacneal before which contain both of them and they faded my red marks perfectly. They are literally all gone after few months of use.

Edited by lameleah

They flare up because you keep irritating them by rubbing them, putting make-up on etc.

Just leave them alone and forget about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you think girls always get those red marks that last forever and they just keep

covering them over and over and over..it's because they won't leave it alone!!!

Putting on/washing off the makeup just interrupts the healing process and we start all over again.

They flare up because you keep irritating them by rubbing them, putting make-up on etc.

Just leave them alone and forget about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you think girls always get those red marks that last forever and they just keep

covering them over and over and over..it's because they won't leave it alone!!!

Putting on/washing off the makeup just interrupts the healing process and we start all over again.

Sorry but I have to agree. Leave your face alone. I wear eye make up but no face makeup because it really annoys the skin. Stop picking at your face and leave it alone, the more you go at it the worse it is. We are all fighting the same battle but just hang in there. Remember you are not the only one who feels the way you do.

Maybe you should trying something cheeper, have you considered Retin A?

I also think you're annoying your skin too much. Gentle cleansing, etc should be fine. And...work on focusing on more important things than a few red marks. It's not like they're disfiguring or a huge birthmark spread across your entire face.

Work on your confidence, do stuff you enjoy. You'll forget that you even have such a thing as skin when you're totally wrapped up in the moment, enjoying what you're doing.

I know I know I should stop, but when you start living a lie it becomes hard to just stop. I never put a lot though, just a few light dabs directly on the marks themselves and it washes off pretty easily with water.

That being said, lately I find myself really examining my marks cause I always wanna make sure it's my marks that look decent and not the result of build up covering them. I find what's hardest about these marks is not how they look in general, but knowing that they can turn really really red and look horrible and shatter my self confidence and my mood.