Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AVERY16

20 mg accutane

It's a good start. Like me, in your second month, you'll probably move up to 40 mg depending on your weight and the side affects.

Still, don't look for results while taking this medicine, and don't look for results IMMEDIATELY.

If you have severe acne, it's going to take time. It's a powerful drug, but it's not magic.

yes, it will just take longer to see results because you're on a lower dose than say if you took a 60 mg dose or whatever.

This is a myth. results are totally on an individual base. Im 165lb (20yo male) and i started on 20mg and i saw my acne drastically get better. Im on 40 for the 2nd month and i fully trust this is the better course. My derm told me that if you were to start on a higher dose (because of age and weight factors) your body may go into a shock mechanism and exacerbate your acne.

You're right. I started taking 20mg/day and today I'll finish week 1. My acne is much better, I'd say I have 5 active spots right now. Side effects: dry lips and nothing more. I weight 65kg (moderate and persistent acne)

It depends on what your derm has in store for you. I am on my second course now and starting at just 20mg, where as my first course i started at 40mg. I intend to stay on it at a low dose this time for a longer period instead of 40-60 on a shorter period. you will see results even with 20mg.