Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Last night I used a Neutrogena SA wash, C&C BP wash after that, Dan's BP gel, and then a new C&C moisturizer I just got: Shine Control Moisturizer.

This was the first time my face was IN PAIN. It wasn't the usual slight tingling or whatever, but I decided to tough it out and go to sleep.

Right now it's 5 in the morning, and I woke up IN PAIN. My face hurt like I've never felt before. I washed everything off it, and now the pain is slowly leaving.

How do I know the moisturizer caused it and not the other things I used? I didn't wash my neck with the SA or BP, and I didn't put BP gel on it. Just the moisturizer. The entire area where the moisturizer was, is now very red and irritated. Even my eyelids are in pain.

I usually use Neutrogena moisturizer, but I decided to go cheap this time. Big mistake.

In my 7 year acne history the last time I remember my skin being irritated by a moisturizer was back when I used Lubriderm.

Big thumbs down for Clean & Clear. I hope I can get a refund at the store tomorrow. Thank god it's slowly feeling better now...

I'm thinking of using walnut oil instead of a moisturizer. Has anyone used it? I feel a bit nervous since it's an oil, and I've been taught that oil is bad

Do you cover your entire face with BP gel as well?

Bad diea i mean your already using botchlas regimen essentialy.. What i do is C n C SA wash, C n C BP wash then SPOT treat pimples with dans and then follow up with a moisturizer that has BHA... similar to the dual action moisturizer.. but a bit more powerful i think.

And i have NO problems with irritation, let alone pain.

I think you may be stacking too much BP, use either the 2.5 or the C nC acne wash.. not both on your whole face. However like i said before, washing with the acne wash and then SPOT treating areas with dans gel is fine.

hey,I saw that you were using Botchla's regimen for awhile. I was on dan's regimen, which seemed to work very well for awhile but I think it sort of lost its effectiveness after 6 months of use...my acne isnt that bad, I'd say mostly comedonal--like from far I look fine, but up close or in bad light I look real broken out. Anyway, I have a question for you, I'm just starting botchla's and I wanted to know how long your intiial breakout lasted? I think mine is coming on with a vengeance! The large number of little flesh-colored bumps around my mouth seem to be alot more noticeable, so I can only hope (pray) that they are just being "flushed out." And also, did Botchla's work out for you in the end? Please let me know.

hey. i also wanted to try clean n clear shine control moisterizer, but after hearing this.. haha not so sure any more.. why was it burning your face? is there any ingredients that u were allergic to or something?

it has fragrance in it, and perhaps some harsh chemicals. I know it's not the BP that caused this, because I put the moisturizer on my neck also where I didn't even wash it with anything, and it became red.

Thanks for the spot treat idea, I think I'll stop using moisturizer altogether, and try walnut oil with some neutrogena sunscreen on top of it.

Im not suprised you are in pain, you use wayy to much stuff, wash with 2 powerful cleaners, then use BP which is strong kills my skin anyway and then moisturiser. BP does burn, try washing with 1 cleanser, letting dry for a while, then apply small ammount of BP, let dry for a while and then apply a non irrative Moisturiser?

here's how I'll adjust my regimen, it will be essentially a combination of Dan's and Botchla's:

Morning:

1. BP cleanser (once in a while I'll do SA cleanser and then BP cleanser)

2. Walnut oil

3. if going outside - sunscreen

Evening:

1. Cetaphil antibacterial soap

2. Walnut oil

3. Dan's BP gel

also B5 throughout the day; minocycline only if I really need it

i agree, i think using two cleansers at once is a really bad idea. You dont want to overwash your face because it will only cause more irritation. I read somewhere that using SA and BP at the same time will lead to more problems. I personally am going to choose one product on the internet like Stopacne, stick to it for a couple of months and see results. If it doesnt help, i'll move to another product

Ok, so today I did the exact same thing as before: SA wash, BP wash, Dan's BP, Mosturizer. My skin feels good, not red or irritated at all. Why? I used Neutrogena SPF 15 moisturizer. That cheap Clean and Clear crap was the cause of all this. Neutrogena all the way. It's expensive, but that's because it's better.

Let me explain my theory of why I do what I do to my face:

morning:

SA clears the pores, BP needs to get in there immediately after the SA, because my pores fill with oil really fast. When my face is dry, I apply an extra protective coating of BP, and moisturizer. (modified Botchla's regimen)

evening:

I wash with regular soap, and put on a lot of BP, then moisturize. (Dan's regimen)

I tried putting oil on my skin instead of moisturizer; it didn't moisturize as well, and I got like 7 new zits, so I'm not doing that anymore.

Certain ingredients in the lotion might not agree with your skin. I personally like C&C moisturizer... but Nivea products make my skin burn really badly. What burns one persons skin may very well not do anything to another's.