Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AVERY16

2 round of accutane?

Hey,

I was on Sotret for 5 months and my acne cleared up but has been back for several months. Given my acne is not as bad as it once was but it is still driving me crazy. I get tons of white heads and pimples. I was thinking about asking my derm to let me go accutane again. I have tried everything out there and nothing works, the only thing that did was sotret. Do you think that my derm will put me on it again? I don't know what the protocol is with going on accutane again.

Thanks for the advice.

What was your acne state before accutane may i ask? As you stated, after the first course your acne will be very much subsided if it comes back so maybe your skin will work with topicals now as if it didnt before you did your first course.

What was your acne state before accutane may i ask? As you stated, after the first course your acne will be very much subsided if it comes back so maybe your skin will work with topicals now as if it didnt before you did your first course.

cystic before but now its mild to moderate and no topicals work...literally tried everything. I went today she put me on 20mg...ill see how that works..