Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soccersweetie1101

heyy...teeth whitening thread?

hey everyone

just wanted to know what you are using to whiten your teeth? im using dentech smart white system and 5 minute speed bleach whitening gel and arm and hammer advanced white toothpaste.

im always looking for new ideas/home remedies to whiten teeth?

anyone who shares their thoughts is greatly appreciated!

:)

I'd love to know too. Have you ever heard of supersmile? It's a type of toothpaste that supposedly actually whitens your teeth, but I haven't tried it. I really want to, but I don't want to waste my money if it doesn't work. Do the products you are using work well?

1. Products with carbamide peroxide are excellent - the minimum quantity should be 10% carbamide peroxide (2-3week treatment).

Between treatments (spaced 3-4 months):

2. Eating apples works in the long run too - I have two apples a day; they are acidic so they dissolve superficial blemishes

3. having a chewing gum after every meal or snack - yeah, that really works.

4. Good electrical toothbrush

My teeth are ok even though I smoke and drink coffee. They're not Hollywood white but most people compliment on them:).

I haven't noticed yellowing effect of acidic foods. I started eating 2-3 apples a day and got a lot of compliments on my teeth a couple of months later. It was about 6 months from my previous 2-week whitening session with carbamide peroxide so they lost their freshness. And now - they are still white (though I had another whitening cycle) even though I smoke a pack per day. Gonna limit, not quit - my aim is 5-10cigs/day.

I tried some tray and gels...

Tasted nasty, took 30 mins and for 7 days... didn't work.

I forget what brand it was but it was basically trays that already had the gel in it and you put them on your upper/lower teeth.

It might have been from Crest since thats the only brand I trust with whitening of my teeth.

I'm thinking of trying the 3D whitening toothpaste and mouth wash... if that works then maybe i'll add in the strips.

Though I would get the strips that have enamel protection because the other types will wear your enamel away and thats not good.

i'd love to know as well

i used some whitening trays with the gel (generic CVS brand) and they didnt work. shouldve asked for my money back, waste of $15

i brush my teeth with whitening toothpastes and still have yellow teeth :(

I want to whiten my teeth as well, but I have heard that whitening (with gels/trays/etc) make your teeth more sensitive ... :(

I am going to the dentist Monday (cavities) and I'm going to ask if there is a good toothpaste for whitening that doesn't cause tooth sensitivity since my teeth are already fairly sensitive.

If I were to offer a tiny bit of advice, it's whitening floss or flosser picks. On plackers dot com you can see they have these "twin line whitening" flosspicks. If I use them regularly along with brushing my teeth (simple whitening with scope toothpaste) my teeth DO look a decent bit whiter. It's really easy to floss with them and they get a lot of really gross stuff out of your teeth.

Has anyone heard of SuperSmile? I was looking around their website and it sounds pretty good but I don't want to waste my money if it doesn't work.

I Had my teeth whitened using Zoom advanced power, and now use Crest whitestrips supreme. You can see a picture of my teeth at http://crestwhitestrips.co.uk/whitening/ im at the bottom of the page, or click on the ' I smile Blog' section at the top and u can click on the picture of my teeth to see it in bigger form. If you have any questions about whitening feel free to ask.

I want to whiten my teeth as well, but I have heard that whitening (with gels/trays/etc) make your teeth more sensitive ... :(

I am going to the dentist Monday (cavities) and I'm going to ask if there is a good toothpaste for whitening that doesn't cause tooth sensitivity since my teeth are already fairly sensitive.

I always have that problem with the whitening trays :(. The bad thing is too that the sensitivity lasts all day long, and it's horrible.

Virtually all over the counter whitening treatments hurt your enamel in some way.. either harsh abrasives or acidic/corrosive chemicals.

I've been using Dr. Ellie's system of mouthwashes... the whitening effects aren't dramatic, but my teeth/gums are healthier than they've ever been. That's more important to me in the long run.

Yeah, I used Crest Whitestrips, and they worked pretty well (they're a bit expensive, but the results are quite good; my dentist even remarked on the white-ness of my teeth)~v hope that helped ;)

Guest pokemonster

idk y u bump up such old thread but wtv bcz i wanna say too! yeah crest all the way, probably the only product ever from products/remedies/etc that ive used no matter for whatever look related needs, that actually really worked, worked quick and u can really see the effect. so yeah crest is the way if you want nice white teeth and want it naow! fuk gum health, who cares bout that :-

besides u dont have to go crazy about it and use it every day and forever or something, i just think, just use it once in a while, dont abuse your teeth/gum otherwisely too much and ur fine, gum will have enough time to recover etc..

I just saw a tip on a YouTube video a couple of months ago. She said to brush your teeth normally, but don't rinse with water afterwards, just spit out excess toothpaste. I've seen improvement since doing this. Also, my two favorite toothpastes for whitening are Arm and Hammer Advance White and Crest 3-D.

I am a beauty fanatic on a budget. Most of what I buy is from Wal-Mart, but a lot of what I find after many years of searching and testing is gold.

I SWEAR by Plus White Five Minute Whitening Gel Kit. I get compliments CONSTANTLY on my smile after using this. May cause some sensitivity, and it tastes weird, but effects are literally better than crest white strips could ever be. Also, crazy fast.

Best part? The original kit is only $11!!!!

Every time you purchase after that, it is only $5-$8

:D