Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on accutane for 7,5 moths now. 40mg a day and I weigh 77 kilos. Got only 2 weeks left and I'm getting a bit worried. I still get a tiny pimple on my face occasionally and got a few blackheads. My derm said I should have zero blackheads and absolutely no pimples in the end. I can't believe I've been on this drug for so long and the acne isn't completely gone. Is it possible I'm going to get a dramatic improvement during these last two weeks or should I just go back to the derm (and pay her another 65 euros :rolleyes: for the visit)?

I don't think it's fair for any dermatologist to say the skin should be absolutely free of blemishes at the end of an Accutane course, like you'll never get a pimple again. That's not realistic.

Try not to stress about it. I know, easier said than done, but there are many logs on this site of people having experienced vast improvements after the course. Keep your chin up. :)

I've been on accutane for 7,5 moths now. 40mg a day and I weigh 77 kilos. Got only 2 weeks left and I'm getting a bit worried. I still get a tiny pimple on my face occasionally and got a few blackheads. My derm said I should have zero blackheads and absolutely no pimples in the end. I can't believe I've been on this drug for so long and the acne isn't completely gone. Is it possible I'm going to get a dramatic improvement during these last two weeks or should I just go back to the derm (and pay her another 65 euros :rolleyes: for the visit)?

we have ALOT in common. I weight the same as you. Ive been on accutante for about the same length as you. and i took the same dosage as you. LOL. tommorrow is my last pill. Im kinda nervous as to what will happen after Im finished because I still break out. But im praying for the best!!! I wish you luck as well...

Even when im finished with accutane i wont even care about 1 pimple...its 1 pimple.. your not going to be looking airbrushed the rest of your life... i rather have 1 pimple than 1 mole on my face..

So yeah, it's been about 3 weeks now from taking my last pill, my face has no acne anymore, only stubborn red marks so yay.

However, I already got a zit on my chest last night. :( I do not want my body acne back thank you. Hope I'm not relapsing this early...

id relax. plus u can always go on a second course. i did 7 months last time and i had like 3 breakouts when i went off. i was so bummed, but im on it again and barelly even had an IB

excuse the ignorance but do u know how many lbs 77 kilos is? cuz im doing an 8 month course. 40mg a day so far and i think its too high since im on for so long.. i weigh 118lbs

Edited by X3Kell3X

id relax. plus u can always go on a second course. i did 7 months last time and i had like 3 breakouts when i went off. i was so bummed, but im on it again and barelly even had an IB

excuse the ignorance but do u know how many lbs 77 kilos is? cuz im doing an 8 month course. 40mg a day so far and i think its too high since im on for so long.. i weigh 118lbs

It's about 170lbs, so yeah your dose sounds high.

My dermatologist kept saying that if I got a single pimple, then I should take another month of accutane "just to be safe." Well, after 5 extra months of "being safe" (10 months total), I called it quits.

If you have bad acne, then you really probably won't have a whole month acne free. And that's fine! It's normal to have a pimple here and there. You're going to have to deal with acne for your whole life, like it or not. I've just come to accept this.