Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Warning, rant incoming

29 year old male and I didn't expect to still be battling this...this disease. When I started highschool I got acne and my life went downhill way too fast. I got really bad acne all over, it wasn't just the acne its where I got it as well. I got one right on the end of my nose, another time, right in between the eyebrows. It's as if god was torturing me. You have any idea what's it like to be one of the only ones in highschool to have bad acne? Self confidence and my self esteem was so low.

I took everything, pills, creams etc. It made things worse. I have very oily skin so all the meds did was dry my skin out. At the time I thought that was a good thing because I thought acne couldn't form on dry skin. :( Yes I did very little research and I paid the price.

I went to university and it was no better, out of 40,000 students I think I had the worst skin. I don't remember seeing a single person with worse skin then mine. To say this has ruined my life is an understatement.

I also suffer with social anxiety and depression, some of it due to my face. I know exactly what its like not to leave the house :( I'm not ashamed to say that I've cried a few times, not so much because of my face but because why is this happening to me, what couldn't I have a normal life.

It's so frustrating to wake up in the morning and see new pimples, for what, I take medication, eat super healthy, fantastic hygiene etc and yet I see so many drink, smoke abuse their bodies with super looking skin.

I now have rosacea, pimples, scarring and red marks :( I really don't know what to do anymore. My life is pathetic, I hate myself for what this has done to me.

And yes men really do care how they look, I know we live in a very superficial society, lets be honest we judge what they see on the outside, I can't tell you how many people look at me in disgust and I can't really blame them either.

I don't want to sound insensitive but sometimes when people post pictures here and say how bad it looks and feel sad, I think to myself I wish I had skin like that and I just get worse because if thats how they feel I can't imagine what people think of me when they look at me.

Their is no doubt it my mind, I would have been a completely different person if I didn't get acne in the first place.

Rant over.

Have you tried pure unscented glycerin soap?, and do you get bloated or have bloating problems when you eat something sweet?.

Do you have a flat stomach. or a gut?. HAve you EVER tooken anti biotics of any kind?, even a single pill This is in no means normal. You may have a candida yeast over growth, and that will absolutely cause you acne, and maybe ALL your acne

Edited by AthleticHunta

If it really is that bad, start pumping dermatologists for all your options. Acne is a socially debilitating disease - it mars your face, the one thing people think of when they think of you. I don't judge you at all for feeling this way, because I understand. Though I don't know what you're on right now, if it's failing you it's time to switch. Get to a derm if you don't have one and start trying the intensive treatments. Have you thought about Accutane?

all you need to stay clear for lyfe

- do a course or 2 of accutane

- once off cleanse and exfoliate your face at least once a day

- avoid dairy and sugar

- sleep well, manage stress

that's it

if god is real, why did he make acne?

god isn't real. If you loved the people you created, you wouldn't give them acne.

if god is real, why did he make acne?

god isn't real. If you loved the people you created, you wouldn't give them acne.

God is real, things happen for a reason, I hate acne and what it has done to me but I am a believer in the thought/idea that when, not if, WHEN i eventually overcome this "test" God is putting me through, it will make me a better person and nothing on this earth, no challenge, will ever come remotely close to the years and pain caused by acne.

P.S no i'm not trying to convert you.

God is real, things happen for a reason, I hate acne and what it has done to me but I am a believer in the thought/idea that when, not if, WHEN i eventually overcome this "test" God is putting me through, it will make me a better person and nothing on this earth, no challenge, will ever come remotely close to the years and pain caused by acne.

P.S no i'm not trying to convert you.

Thank you for not trying to convert me. I'll never believe in a god. I'll never pray to a god that refuses to listen. Fairy tales are for children that are unprepared to face the harsh realities of the real world. An idea of a creator and a paradise in the sky puts them at ease. The idea of fiery dungeon underneath the world puts them in fear.

Overcome adversity without thanking god. You're doing the work. god doesn't deserve the credit for your victories.