Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

rubbing flakes off

Guest Timehealsall

Is it ever a good idea to rub the flakes/dead skin off or just leave it there? for example on my nose i have a few mini pimples (they are very small) and i also have dead skin near that area. Would rubbing the dead skin cause the pimples to become irritated and scar?

dead skin can actually clog your pores at times. It's a good idea to exfoliate at least once a week.

I suggest making a scrub and using it once or twice a week. This is what I use;

1/2 cup brown sugar (it won't be as harsh as granulated sugar so it won't irritate your acne)

3 tbs extra virgin olive oil

2 tbs honey

mix those together and put it into a container. Splash your face with warm water and gently scrub the dead skin off with the scrub, wash it off, and you're good to go! If you'd like, apply a moisturizer afterward.

Brown sugar is a gentle exfoliant, extra virgin olive oil is extremely hydrating to the skin, and honey has anti-inflammatory properties as well as anti-bacterial ones. The combination of the three heal your skin, hydrate your skin, and exfoliate.

Guest Timehealsall

hey razzie, would it be okay to just use jojoba oil as an exofliator?

also do you know if irritating the pimples through exfoliation can cause the pimples to turn into scars (indentations?