Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Allie12

Getting clearer by the day!

Hi Guys! I just wanted to share my Acne.org regimen up to this point. I've been on the regimen for about 2 months now and am JUST about clear minus some red spots from old acne.

As a preface, I have moderate acne that I've been dealing with since I was like 14. When I first started out the regimen I was super excited because after about two weeks my skin was looking really good, pimples clearing up, not too much dryness or redness. After this initial two weeks though, my skin has really had its ups and downs.

After about a month on the regimen my skin started breaking out a little bit again but my face was adapting well to the DK benzoyl peroxide. With this in mind I decided to incorporate AHA into my routine. I bought the Neutrogena Healthy Skin face lotion and for the first two days it seemed to be making my skin feel softer and look more even. However, on the third day my face started getting really red and tight. I continued with the lotion at night, thinking the redness was a normal reaction. By day 4 my face looked like a had a sunburn and got really tight. That night I applied even more lotion thinking I just needed more moisture for all the BP I was applying. It burned SO badly! I stood in front of a fan just to ease the burning sensation that was happening to my face.

The next morning I woke up and was horrified. :shock: All around my mouth and nose my skin was red, scaly and peeling. I went out that day and bought Jojoba oil and decided I was going to back off from using BP and AHA until my skin got back to normal. I started applied a LOT of Jojoba oil at night and doing the Jojoba massage I read about on here. In the morning I would apply Cetaphil Daily Facial moisturizer with about 4 drops of Jojoba oil in it. It is about 3 days later now and even though the previous three days have been pretty bad something really great has happened. All that lizard-like dry and scaly skin has slowly peeled off revealing really clear, soft skin.

I doubt this is the way you are supposed to do things. I'm pretty sure I just totally overdid the AHA lotion too quickly for my skin to adjust but it seems to have all worked out. I'm getting back on the regimen probably starting tonight. Here is the way I do the regimen if anyone is interested:

Morning:

Jojoba Oil massage to get rid of all flakes

Wash with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Apply Daniel Kern BP (1 pump)

After BP has absorbed I apply the Cetaphil lotion (1 pump), the Neutrogena lotion with AHA (1 pump) and 4 drops of Jojoba oil

Night:

Apply DK BP (1 1/2 pumps)

After BP has absorbed I apply the Neutrogena lotion mixed with a lot of Jojoba oil (like 12 drops)

Also, I didn't mention before but Jojoba Oil has totally changed my life. It is SUPER moisturizing and doesn't cause me to break out at all. The Jojoba Oil massage in the morning takes away all my flakes. I'm so glad I decided to buy it!

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience so far on the regimen ;)

Hi Guys! I just wanted to share my Acne.org regimen up to this point. I've been on the regimen for about 2 months now and am JUST about clear minus some red spots from old acne.

As a preface, I have moderate acne that I've been dealing with since I was like 14. When I first started out the regimen I was super excited because after about two weeks my skin was looking really good, pimples clearing up, not too much dryness or redness. After this initial two weeks though, my skin has really had its ups and downs.

After about a month on the regimen my skin started breaking out a little bit again but my face was adapting well to the DK benzoyl peroxide. With this in mind I decided to incorporate AHA into my routine. I bought the Neutrogena Healthy Skin face lotion and for the first two days it seemed to be making my skin feel softer and look more even. However, on the third day my face started getting really red and tight. I continued with the lotion at night, thinking the redness was a normal reaction. By day 4 my face looked like a had a sunburn and got really tight. That night I applied even more lotion thinking I just needed more moisture for all the BP I was applying. It burned SO badly! I stood in front of a fan just to ease the burning sensation that was happening to my face.

The next morning I woke up and was horrified. :shock: All around my mouth and nose my skin was red, scaly and peeling. I went out that day and bought Jojoba oil and decided I was going to back off from using BP and AHA until my skin got back to normal. I started applied a LOT of Jojoba oil at night and doing the Jojoba massage I read about on here. In the morning I would apply Cetaphil Daily Facial moisturizer with about 4 drops of Jojoba oil in it. It is about 3 days later now and even though the previous three days have been pretty bad something really great has happened. All that lizard-like dry and scaly skin has slowly peeled off revealing really clear, soft skin.

I doubt this is the way you are supposed to do things. I'm pretty sure I just totally overdid the AHA lotion too quickly for my skin to adjust but it seems to have all worked out. I'm getting back on the regimen probably starting tonight. Here is the way I do the regimen if anyone is interested:

Morning:

Jojoba Oil massage to get rid of all flakes

Apply Daniel Kern BP (1 pump)

After BP has absorbed I apply the Cetaphil lotion (1 pump), the Neutrogena lotion with AHA (1 pump) and 4 drops of Jojoba oil

Night:

Apply DK BP (1 1/2 pumps)

After BP has absorbed I apply the Neutrogena lotion mixed with a lot of Jojoba oil (like 12 drops)

Also, I didn't mention before but Jojoba Oil has totally changed my life. It is SUPER moisturizing and doesn't cause me to break out at all. The Jojoba Oil massage in the morning takes away all my flakes. I'm so glad I decided to buy it!

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience so far on the regimen ;)

thats awesome! im pretty much exactly where you are (2 months in and pretty much no blemishes.. just some red marks)

i just wanted to add in that i think your face got really irritated from using the AHA too much to start. even dan himself i think says he uses it about once a week, but you can work yourself up to using it every night or every other night. but by the looks of it you use it everyday now with the jojoba oil scrub (which i love aswell). good luck!