Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoLimits

Retin-A Log

Alright so I just got Retin-A from my doctor, I am going to post one picture every day so you guys can see the stages, and hopefully it improving the marks on my face. It said it may take up to 3 months+ to see a serious difference so this is going to be a long topic.

Day one. Sept. 18, 2010.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2vbjtba.jpg

So I am starting out in a pretty bad shape, the camera is doing me justice. Lets see how the other 89 days go. Its kinda of embarrassing to post this but I think it might help you guys out to see if you want to try this out or if you shouldn't :X

Oh and the only thing edited, are my eyes. (and I accidently blurred my nose pin too xD)

(=

P.S. I am using Retin-A 0.05% cream/gel

Edited by NoLimits

Day 2: Sept. 19, 2010:

My face was extremely soft in the morning+a little oily (the usual)

I'm only using soap atm to wash my face, I stopped my facewash today.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2hwe7gx.jpg

:D, my face is a little brighter then what the camera did, I only have to use flash for it to get all my marks showing but when I woke up my skin was really toned.

Have a good day guys

NoLimits

Edit: Looking at my face now, I can see a few dry spots + some dry skin flaking, my skin is a little tight now, still kind of soft.

Edited by NoLimits

Make sure you use a moisturizer with this stuff, at least until your skin gets used to it. I've been using a Retinoid cream for the past 2 1/2 months and it DEFINITELY works at fading away the red marks left over from blemishes. Best of luck!!

Make sure you use a moisturizer with this stuff, at least until your skin gets used to it. I've been using a Retinoid cream for the past 2 1/2 months and it DEFINITELY works at fading away the red marks left over from blemishes. Best of luck!!

i am using an aloe cream on my face since it was really dry today, thanks for the advice :D

Day 3: Sept 20, 2010:

A lot of dry skin around my face now, I am using a aloe cream to help it because I can't go to school looking like how i did with all the dry flakey skin :P

http://i53.tinypic.com/jq241y.jpg

Thats in the afternoon after school + using the cream, ill try to take the pics more in the morning because thats when u can really see the changes. Anyways, high hopes, lets see how it goes.

Oh and no thats not mucus around my nose, its dry skin :P

Edited by NoLimits

Please keep posting in here! :]

I'm waiting to get my Retin-A prescription for the first time so I want to see how it works on someone else before I start!

Good luck :]

Please keep posting in here! :]

I'm waiting to get my Retin-A prescription for the first time so I want to see how it works on someone else before I start!

Good luck :]

Thanks Rain! Sorry my camera died, had to buy more batteries. I will post 2 more pics in a minute! I promise to keep this topic updated :D!

Edited by NoLimits

I'm glad you are seeing progress. Why won't your mother let you use sunscreen?

I think about 10 years back sunscreen had Paba or some chemical in it that caused skin cancer. She just doesn't trust it. Also she said since I am Indian (brown skinned) we don't burn, we just grow darker, or some theory. Unfortunately my face is somewhat pale, the pictures don't show it because i set it to show the scars more then the actual tone of my skin. I am barely in the sun anyway, I go out a lot when it is dark and only time I am in the sun is the walk to the car from my school which is less than one minute.

Posting another picture soon today! Thanks for all the support <3

Edited by NoLimits

Got my Retin-A today...gonna use it tonight. And YESSS!!!! It's the gel! I thought my gp had prescribed me the cream and it's the gel which i've heard is better....

I love my doctor :]

Got my Retin-A today...gonna use it tonight. And YESSS!!!! It's the gel! I thought my gp had prescribed me the cream and it's the gel which i've heard is better....

I love my doctor :]

Thats awesome!!! I hope it goes well :D Maybe you could start a log too! Either way I do recommend you taking a pic everyday to see the progress of your face even if you don't want to post it, its pretty neat to see the improvements and phases your face goes through with new products.

Ok I have a question. I'm really nervous about using Retin-A at the moment because my doctor didn't tell me whether it would make my skin scar. I didn't have any scars before and I'm going to do my very best never to have any. I can live with acne but not scars. Does anyone know if i'll get scars? What worries me is that I have quite a lot of acne/whiteheads/blackheads etc at the moment and so if I do scar, there will be a lot before it's all gone. I've only used the Retin-A 3 nights and this morning I thought I saw 2 little scars on my cheek. It was probably my paranoid mind but I need to know anyway.....

Ok I have a question. I'm really nervous about using Retin-A at the moment because my doctor didn't tell me whether it would make my skin scar. I didn't have any scars before and I'm going to do my very best never to have any. I can live with acne but not scars. Does anyone know if i'll get scars? What worries me is that I have quite a lot of acne/whiteheads/blackheads etc at the moment and so if I do scar, there will be a lot before it's all gone. I've only used the Retin-A 3 nights and this morning I thought I saw 2 little scars on my cheek. It was probably my paranoid mind but I need to know anyway.....

Well, I am using Retin-A for my scars right now, not for my acne, even though it is preventing and removing old acne I had. If it does scar, DO NOT WORRY. I have noticed it takes maybe 3 days for Retin-A to remove new scars, then again all faces are different, maybe give your doctor a call. I was paranoid too with Retin-A because I heard there was a initial break out, then your skin gets better, maybe I just haven't experienced it yet. I would just give your doctor a call and ask, but if you do get acne + scars, it could be the initial break out. It gets worse before it gets better. Or so I have heard.

P.S. More pictures coming soon! I have been taking them but I'll post tomorrow, to sleepy to edit them right now.

It could be different for us though because you're using 0.05% cream and i'm using 0.01% gel.

My doctor said I shouldn't get an initial breakout either, and so far, 4 days into this, i haven't had one. I had a little flare up on one cheek, but nothing terrible.

I used a bit more Retin-A last night than I normally do because i'm scared of putting on too much and this morning really noticed the difference...my face was smooth and soft...

So far I think i've got about 5 pinprick scars on my whole face so....i'm just gonna keep an eye on it for a couple of days.

Thanks for your post :]

Well i'm just coming here to share my experiences with Retin-A so far.......

I hope the owner of this thread won't think i'm trying to use their log instead of making one for myself :confused:

But I just wanted to update on the scars and stuff....

Ok so Retin-A is going fine...I wouldn't say my skin is better yet...

But i'm ok with it so far. My skin is starting to dry up. After i've washed my face at night I can literally scratch my skin off.....

I have a lot of whiteheads and pimples seem to take longer to go away

But I'm not too worried about the scarring at the moment....I'd say I have less than 10 scars at the moment and they're only tiny pinpricks so i'm going to carry on

But at the moment i'm not really sure what to do because my pores are very clogged... :think:

I'm still on the 1 Lymecycline pill per day too. Just for maintenence I guess.