Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
razzie.

~Razzie's Log~

~Razzie's Log~
one teenage girl's struggle with acne.

This is just a log for me to keep track of my progress with everything I'm using. You don't have to read it, but if you are- thank you!

I'm a 13 year old girl who's had acne since she was 11. My mom had very bad acne when she was younger, so that's where I get it from. I struggle with blackheads, white heads, and closed comedones in my t-zone. My skin type changed from winter to summer. In the summer and spring, my skin becomes very oily. But in the fall and winter it becomes very dry and flaky.

I've been on topical prescription medications for 2 years. My skin has become very clear and very nice since then, but since I am a teenager and do still get breakouts just from hormones, my doctor has recommended I keep up with the topical treatments and took me off of the50 mg Doxycline that I used to take since I no longer need it. Once a month I go to Elizabeth Grady for a clear complexion facial + extraction. This has helped a lot.

I currently have a lot of scarring, a couple blackheads on my nose, and a few closed comedones on my forehead, chin, and sides of my nose. I also have a ton of white heads, closed comedones, and cystic acne on my back, shoulders, neck, and a few on my chest.

~My Regimen~
:Morning:
- Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash
- Trader Joe's Facial Toner
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

:Night:
- Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash
- Trader Joe's Facial Toner
- Aczone gel (prescription)
- Differin gel .3% (prescription)
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

:Twice a Week:
- Sugar Scrub (sugar, extra virgin olive oil, honey)
- Freeman Cucumber Facial Peel-off mask
Edited by razzie.

Day 1:

Thursday I got a facial, and for some reason my skin was burning afterward- something that has never happened before. My face has also been increasingly dry lately and it isn't even that cold out yet. Completely weird.

I scrubbed my face with my homemade sugar scrub, and then massaged in some ceraVe cream. Some of the flakiness went away, but it still feels dry in some areas, especially on the sides of my forehead and jaw line.

The girl extracted most of my pimples and I only have one closed comedone on the right side of my forehead near the hair line. Other than that, I just have some scarring and pimples that are slowly going away.

Edited by razzie.

Hey I'm using aczone gel too! Been using it for about a week but I know it's waaaaaaaaay to early to tell. But I think it's being good to my skin I'm also using sodium sulfacetamide and sulfur and so far no new pimples. I actually only have one on my face but I have loadsssssss of red marks :/ ugh waiting 12 weeks is too Damn long lol

You can see the results of aczone fairly quickly. I think I was in the two week mark, and could already notice that zits that popped up were dried up in about 2 - 4 days.

I've been on it for 2 years- amazing stuff. My face looks so much better now than it did before! The only reason I'm still on it is too prevent other acne to come up to the surface (:

Day 2:

Going to a wedding later tonight, that'll be fun.

As for my skin,

it looks a lot better today. No redness, it's very soft, and no dry skin or flakes. The pimple on my forehead still hasn't gone away, but the one near my eye brow is slowly fading, same with all the other ones. Yay! haha

I also put my CeraVe cream into a pump that I bought at the store, so I don't have to introduce bacteria into the tub by putting my hands in. It's also just easier that way.

really well. You got the 3 oz for $14!? oh my goodness. Get the cream in the tub, 16 oz for $16. Better deal.

I really like the cream. Very moisturizing and hydrating- leaves my skin soft. Keep in mind, it works better if you're skin is exfoliated. If you just glob it on top of flaky skin, it doesn't work as well.

Day 3

New pimple on my chin ):

It makes me sad.. haha!

I got some more flakes on my nose and chin, but I think that might be my makeup and the cold weather. Not sure though. But whatever, that's easily fixed with an exfoliater :D

Edited by razzie.