Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PlXEL

wondering how dry your skin gets

recently ive tried following dans instructions word for word, and noticed that about after 3 minutes from washing and (waiting for my skin to dry) how scaly and dry my cheek+chin area gets. Ive been on this regimne for quite a long time 3+months and was wondering if the dry+flakyness/scalyness disapears later

Guest Timehealsall

man i have been on the regimen for 2 weeks and my skin looks like SHIT.

not only do i have dry flaky skin, i also have DEAD SKIN. is this fucking normal?

Like you can peel of dead skin!

I think it is quite normal at that stage. Have you tried the jojoba massage exfoliation method. About 12 drops of jojoba and rub it all over your face, gently, before you cleanse. All the dead skin will ball up but just keep rubbing gently, then cleanse as normal, and it all comes away. The first time I did it my skin felt fab afterwards.

man i have been on the regimen for 2 weeks and my skin looks like SHIT.

not only do i have dry flaky skin, i also have DEAD SKIN. is this fucking normal?

Like you can peel of dead skin!

Oh my god, yes. My skin looked like shit too. I looked sickly, with peeling flakes and blotchiness and it was just terrible. But, I've adjusted the regimen since then to combat this. Hopefully I'm not doing anything counterproductive to the regimen. But honey, jojoba oil, and manual exfoliation (really, really gentle manual exfoliation), has helped with blotchiness, dryness, and getting rid of flakes.

I'm on week 5. Yes, yes, yes...breaking many rules by adding variables...but the blotchiness and what not I just hated. And my skin is clearing, but, if my routine comes back to bite me and I break out, I'll go back to following the regimen to the letter and deal with the terrible dryness and redness etc etc.

But, answering the initial question, if you follow Dan's regimen precisely, you will have a white/grey mask of dead skin, complemented with red bags, white cheeks, and dull skintone. It will itch, and lobster face will ensue. Many long time users say boohoo and deal, and within 4-5 months all this will subside. So, there you go.

thats the biggest con with the regimen. just lots of dead skin and flakes. i did the regimen for about a year and still had problems with dryness even if i did 3 whole pumps of moisturizer

I think it is quite normal at that stage. Have you tried the jojoba massage exfoliation method. About 12 drops of jojoba and rub it all over your face, gently, before you cleanse. All the dead skin will ball up but just keep rubbing gently, then cleanse as normal, and it all comes away. The first time I did it my skin felt fab afterwards.

just something to add to this..

after cleansing putting about 5-10 drops on your face, then waiting for it to dry, then BP makes a big difference too. i found that it took away my lobster face and kept my face more hydrated.

and if youre still flakey before applying the moisturizer.. add a couple drops of it to that aswell.

your face will thank you for it.

Guest Timehealsall

Guys when you rub the jojoba oil, is it okay to be a little bit aggresive? I tried being as gentle as when applying BP, and the flakes dont come off.

Also regarding the rubbing the face. Is it possible that if one is too rough/aggressive with the PIH (Red spots) on the face, that they red spots/Pih can turn into indentations?

I think you are as gentle as you can be whilst still getting the flakes off. Just do it quite slowly.

Regarding rough treatment of Pih areas turning them into indentations, I don't know, but my own feeling is that whether indentations occur depends on a combination of things e.g. how deep seated the infection was, perhaps how long it hung around, and maybe how your general health is - the skin needs certain raw materials to heal itself - fatty acids and the like, and plenty of moisture too. Whether you messed with the lesion - not always a factor though, as we all probably can think of times we picked and got away with it. I think there are genetic factors to do with healing at work too. Type of acne, cystic acne tends to scar more in my experience.

I think keeping lots of moisture in your skin is an important one.