Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GodLovesMe.

Acne is going away ! but what about the marks??? :(

Hello, well the regimen is working really good for me. it still has a lot of work to do, but my brown marks are REALLY getting to me. does anyone recommend me something good EXTREMELY good for them? remember that they are NOT scars, but hyper pigmentation. I have a ton on my forehead and chin. Help!

thank you :)

Also, has any1 tried Dermamelan Treatment Maintenance Facial Skin Cream for Melasma, Sun Damage, Freckles, Hyperpigmentation?

sold on

amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Dermamelan-Treatment...795&sr=1-15

Edited by GodLovesMe.

Guest Timehealsall

hey i noticed that your taking doxycycline. How is that working out for you?

hey i noticed that your taking doxycycline. How is that working out for you?

Hey, it's working FABULOUSLY :)

Like a month or two ago when I started my face was FULL of pustules and it looked like it was about to explode. it got rid of all the inflammation and "purging". It's absolutely great to start with doxycycline then after it starts working for you (about 5-7 days) start on dan's regimen. that way you can cheat, & not get the purging effect from the regimen :D Just know that if you only plan on taking Doxy, when you stop the acne comes back. It's a good temporary thing, but i recommend Dan's regimen 100x more!

I have had the same problem, when I first started I thought the regimen was great. But soon I noticed all of these red marks on my face where the pimples used to be.(which I never got before starting the regimen.) I highly suggest using acne.orgs aha+ it works very well when you have been on the regimen for over a month i wish i had started it sooner it is definitely helping me with fading the marks. I guess jojoba oil is supposed to help as well but i can't speak from experience.

I'm having this problem too and I'm also on Doxycyclin (Been on it for over a month now). I was using Dan's regimen for about two years, but quit a few days ago because it doesn't seem like it's helping my face anymore, and if anything, is only delaying the healing of the marks and red spots on my face.

Same problem here however i dont like the AHA i hate the way it feels on my face and i always break out when i use it so thats out of the question however i think there are some natural ways tog get rid of marks here a few you can use, Lemon juice straight from the lemon, Green Tea, Ice, Potatoes, Tomato juice, Aloh Vera. So far ive only been able to try green tea and it does help just not as fast as i would like it too. The reason i havent tried any others yet is because i just started get clear and i feel like if i do 1 thing wrong ill go back to breaking out so im gonna continue using what i use and go from there but if do try any of the above please tell me how it works for you.

Same problem here however i dont like the AHA i hate the way it feels on my face and i always break out when i use it so thats out of the question however i think there are some natural ways tog get rid of marks here a few you can use, Lemon juice straight from the lemon, Green Tea, Ice, Potatoes, Tomato juice, Aloh Vera. So far ive only been able to try green tea and it does help just not as fast as i would like it too. The reason i havent tried any others yet is because i just started get clear and i feel like if i do 1 thing wrong ill go back to breaking out so im gonna continue using what i use and go from there but if do try any of the above please tell me how it works for you.

You can also try aspirin masks, I did those for a while and they helped a little bit. They make your face glow for a few hours and kill the redness, but it's only temporary, however it does help heal the scars too.

Hey GodLovesMe,

As someone else suggested, you might try Dan's AHA+ and see how it works for you. I use it every evening, and it keeps any red marks from staying, and also keeps all the flakes away. :) Also, I put 100% emu oil on all my red marks and scars every night before I go to bed. It REALLY helps fade these marks, makes the skin smooth, and even helps with indented scars. Best part? It has never, ever caused a breakout on my face. :) You can buy this online, or at a local organic market. I also use a moisturizer (instead of Dan's) called Smooth E 100% Natural Source Cream, which comes from Thailand. It can be purchased fairly inexpensively on Ebay. Smooth E - Ebay.

Also, PLEASE make sure you are putting on a sunblock every day before you step outside. Whether it's rain or shine, the sun can actually prolong the amount of time it takes for these marks to fade, and can sometimes cause hypopigmentation (turns the scars white). Even without scarring, the sun will damage your skin; it just will. I use Neutrogena Healthy Defense daily moisturizer with SPF 30. This is a zinc oxide sunblock, which won't clog pores or cause breakouts. Plus, it goes on very light and non-greasy.

Fish Oil, zinc, and jojoba oil

Fish Oil legit helps healing that? I was taking it for almost two years (In addition to some other vitamins) and didn't really notice a difference. I'll have to go back on them and actually look closely this time.

Thank you all so much! I'll be sure to try all that stuff (:

good luck =]

Edited by ahya