Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone!

I've been using Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin for quite some time now, but ever since I've been using BP I've had to reapply the moisturizer several times throughout the day, and I'm flaky in some spots. I'm not sure if I should get a better oil-free moisturizer or the Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free Formula? It's gotten great reviews on here and on drugstore.com, and just about everywhere else I've looked for it. However, my regimen now is really working well ::knocks on wood:: and I'm worried I might ruin it by adding in an AHA product; which is why I was wondering if you guys think I should just get a new moisturizer or invest in the Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free Formula? My skin breaks out when it's irritated, and I'm not sure if this AHA moisturizer will irritate it or not. What do you guys think I should do?

If you plan on adding in AHA, I recommend not applying it at the same time as your BP. Especially if your skin is sensitive and breaks out due to irritation. I've been using CeRave moisturizer lotion recently and it works great. I don't use BP however.

If you wanted to add in an AHA, I recommend getting both an AHA treatment as well as a non AHA moisturizer and applying the AHA maybe twice a week at night when you don't have BP applied. Using the regular moisturizer the rest of the time.