Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clint06

Explain difference between deep and shallow scar?!

I cant feel them when I rub my fingers on them...not very wide at all....under certain light they can carry a shadow inside...but I dont know if they are considered shallow or deep?? Anyone have any good comparisons etc? Thanks!

I think they're shallow.

some small shallow scars can heal by themselves. they just take months...

I have had some shallow indented scars heal completely by themselves, is your scar still slightly red? If it is there is a chance it can heal, patience!

these scars are a few years old...therefore treatment is necessary...I am going to try the vinegar route I think...a good idea??

few people have reported that vinegar actually broke them out. if I were you I'd do a tiny research first then decide on what to do.

N-lite and Thermage seemed to improve my shallow scars a little - moreso than laser, microdermabrasion and various creams and potions. I did need have a couple of treatments of both before noticing, but if you're looking for something noninvasive, this may be the way to go. Also, from what i gather, Smoothbeam may help, too, though i can't speak from experience. Hope this helps. good luck smile.gif

Impossible to say without actually seeing them. If you can't feel them, they could be shallow to moderate. If they create shadows, then they could be moderate to deep. I would guess from your description that they are shallow to moderate.

hey, i have the same type of scars. i have been seeing a good improvement with the tape method. i use cetaphil to wash my face, wait 5 minutes for my skin to dry, then apply the tape firmly onto the skin before peeling it off slowly. but in a week i am schedueled for a deep herbal peel which is supposed to give me a fresh layer of smooth skin in 5 days. ill tell you how that turns out. wish me luck, i hope nothing goes wrong.