Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jellohno

BP at night/ AHA in the morning?

Have any users of the unmodified regimen (BP twice a day) successfully cut back to using BP only once a day, and AHA or just moisturizer in the morning? If you have tried it, what were your results?

I have been on the regimen for approximately six months. Started with some mild acne due to trying to use Aveda products my wife had bought me...bad mistake. Face was back to normal and clear after four months. Currently, I wash with a mild cleanser in the morning and only use BP at night time and not nearly the amount suggested on the site. Good moisturizer (Neutrogena) with jojoba in he morning and at night I use AHA. I would say my face is 99% clear.

I also use a Jack Black scrub once a week for additional exfoliation.

Edited by CocoBeware

I tend to use AHA only at nights (and not during the nights where the next day I would have to be outside for a long time). AHA (on the product label) makes your skin more sensitive to the sun. However, on the nights I do use AHA, I use it as a moisturizer (over/on top of the BP)

yes, I have - and with good results! I have more of a mild acne type, but after using BP at night and AHA in the morning my skin condition has proven alot. My only concern is that my face has a tendency to dull up when i apply spf after aha. anyone has some suggestions on how to avoid this?