Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unrefined Shea Butter & All Natural Black Soap!

Hello,

curious on opinions of this for dry/oily skin (probably because it's dry), blackheads, and mild acne.

I haven't seen a review of these done by a pasty white person (like myself), only the most positive reviews from dark skinned people.

There are a few written reviews on the "horrors" Shea butter put their face through, causing severe cystic acne, but I'm certain they were using a refined Shea butter (meant for the body).

I believe my acne is caused by skin irritation from harsh products, and possibly stress.

I might add some apple cider vinegar as a toner,

any recommendations on sunscreen to put ON TOP of the Shea butter? Preferably SPF 30. Or would that be a bit too much.

Bump?

I'm a pasty whitey :lol: Like seriously pale. I used the african black soap from Coastal Scents and it did work on my skin, but I quit using it when I found something better. As for the shea butter, I was also using their unrefined shea butter at night and it made my skin look soooooo good for like the first month of using it. Then after that it started clogging my pores and causing painful cystic acne, so I had to stop using it. I don't know if I would use black soap on already dry skin because it is a drying soap.

Hey! I have tried black soap and I am currently using it in my regie. I noticed that

Black soap helps unclog the pores & may leave the skin a little dry. So if your going to use the soap I would suggest adding a moisturized agent to the soap ( like honey, vegetable glycerin, grapeseed oil., or mango butter) or liquify it. I also used shea butter on my face & I didnt see any change really. I use unrefined shea butter, so when I found that when I applied the unrefined shea butter to my face, it became moisturized , but left my face feeling greasy ( btw: the butter does moisturize the skin though). SO if you want a substitute butter to use in place of the shea butter I highly recommend the grapseed oil ( reduces acne, & bumps) or mango butter ( leaves the pores unclogged , ligt & soft butter moisturizing the skin).

As far as sunscreen goes, I suggest the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 30. It is great sunscreen and I have been using it for 2 years now. The sunscreen makes it feel like you have nothing on your face. Very light & easy to apply. You can find this one at CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, possibly walmart. Kmart should have this product as well

I hope this helps.

I have a few videos i recorded in the YT community on Black soap if you would like to check it out. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/OrganicLover87?feature=mhum

Edited by SknBClear