Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
janis808

This really works!

So, I've been trying a lot of different products from SkinCareRX, Drugstore.com, etc...for products to help lighten my red marks, and FINALLY, after a lot of great reviews, I finally bought one. It's by a brand called PCA, and the product I'm specifically talking about is PCA Skin Pigment Gel, you can get it hydroquinone free, but the one I bought has HQ in it. It's around $40, but it's totally worth it. If you want to read more, check out the reviews at those sites, a lot of people gave it five stars, and I have to agree. I've been using it for a month, and I've been having to use less and less makeup every week. I went on Accutane two years ago, but I have stubborn red marks that take forever to heal, so this really helps. They have other great products by the brand, it's really popular, but anyway, I say just check out the reviews yourself and you can decide for yourself, I personally think it's worth it. I'll give a link to the reviews, so you guys can see, I hope this helps :)

FYI, other people will say this, it gets a little darker before it gets better. Your skin will exfoliate/flake away and then it will get better, that's what the PCA skin people said too. Also, this helps lighten the skin, so it won't really do much for acne pitted scars, etc...just red marks, I think.

http://skincarerx.com/PCA-Skin-%28pHaze-13...igment-Gel.html

and other reviews here

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...WELAID=61294056

Yes this does work very well. This is THE best item you can purchase over the counter for redness/hyper-pigmentation. Only thing stronger than this is chemical peel or laser. If your smart you will avoid the one which contains Hydroquinone.

Yes this does work very well. This is THE best item you can purchase over the counter for redness/hyper-pigmentation. Only thing stronger than this is chemical peel or laser. If your smart you will avoid the one which contains Hydroquinone.

How do you order this without HQ? I don't see the option on the site.

Hi guys! I'm glad some of you guys have tried this and think it's just as great as I do, this product is awesome. I use their cleanser too just to try out their other products, but I definitely recommend the PCA Pigment Gel. If you're looking for one without hydroquinone, just type in "hq free" or i tried to find a link for you guys. Right now I use it with HQ, but next month I'm going to order it without hq. Anyway, here's the one WITHOUT hydroquinone: http://skincarerx.com/PCA-Skin-%28pHaze-13...el-HQ-Free.html

ALSO, I always order from this site and you can find coupon codes all the time if u you just google "skincare rx coupon code".

one more thing, I noticed the user reviews for the pca pigment gel are HIGHER for the one with HQ. Of course, there are always risks with 2% Hydroquinone, so it's up to you to decide if it's worth getting. The one without HQ still has great reviews but not as great as the one with HQ in it.

Nothing is wrong with using hydroquinone. It's constantly recommended by most derms to fade hyperpigmentation and acne scars.

Some people would just rather not use it based on a study done on some lab rats and some cases in africa where people practically bathed in 20% and higher HQ to lighten their entire bodies and then walked in the hot sun developed "ochronosis" after a number of years use, which is a darkening of the skin. Based off of those 2 reasons it's been banned in some countries including the UK.

All in all its been proven safe when used properly, nobody is ingesting it or using 20% so it's fine. I'm using it, it's in the obagi nu derm i'm on and my skin has never looked better.

Well i just purchased this product, i hope this works.. i have some old red marks on both cheeks.. well alot actually.. Er..

So all i needed was the Pigment Gel right? Because i just bought that for 42 Total, used a coupon..

I'm considering to order this product, but before I spend my money I'd like to know how long it takes before you'll see some results. So, anyone? :)

I Just ordered it. Fingers crossed

Yep, me too. Hope it works for red marks. Though the delivery time is so loooong, 7 work days. :boohoo:

I'll try this question again: does anyone know how long before you'll see noticeable results? I know it's supposed to get worse in the beginning... :X

This sounds interesting, I'm currently trying to fade my red marks by applying ACV to my face two times a day, taking two ACV tablets a day, taking three Erythromycin a day, and taking vitamins. Been doing this regimen for a week and half and am not quite sure if there's any progress. So if this doesn't end up working, I will definitely give this stuff a try.

I'm starting it today, i'll keep you guys updated. Who else has used this with success?

I've also ordered some, so I'll gladly follow your updates. :)

Any updates from people who decided to try the product? I might give it a shot if ACV doesn't give me the desired results.

I'm only on my third day, but I really think it works. I've read that the marks might get a little more red in the begging, which was true for me, and that they kind of peal off after time. I've already actually peeled of the gel and some of my marks are looking quite faded. Also, it does kind of sting a bit, but I reckon it's a good indicator that something is happening.

Since it's only my third day I think it's too soon to see major improvements, but I can check back in about a week and tell you how it went for me.