Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Debbie

Recs for derm/plastic surgeon

in Illinois?? There are 2 near me but they don't do smoothbeam.....scared to do co2 or erbium laser after reading stuff here and at yestheyrefake.net

thanks for any recs!

waaaaaaaaaah!! No one?? The only thing is, one plastic surgeon works in a well known derm's office building.....this person charges $75 for the consult but only if I talk about treatments for acne scarring, if I talk about any other concerns it will cost more money. at least that's what the receptionist said. my other option is to go to someone who is lesser known, ie, not advertising, etc. these are the two plastic surgeons that are very close to where I live. what do you guys think? oh an dthe lesser known ps also charges $75, but if I choose to have a treatment done, then that $75 goes towards the treatment cost.

I think I would not use the price of the consultation as a factor in my decision making when searching for a cosmetic surgeon. I would be more concerned about experience and success rate. I would take the time to see dermatologists who might be able to recommend a surgeon. Maybe try doctors affiliated with major hospitals, who are board certified, and keep looking on here and other message boards for people who have experience with Illinois doctors. Eventually, you may find some recommendations.

Just my thoughts. I'm going through the same thing right now. I saw a dermatologist who also performs surgery, but I don't recommend this as it would have been nice to have an independent opinion from somebody who does not stand to profit from his advice to me.

i highly recommend stanley kovak in elmhurst. not sure if he does smoothbeam, but he does alot with lasers, hes very kind an compassionate, and offers free consults wink.gif

I just started getting IPL treatments at pure laser on michigan ave. I only had one treatment so I can't really recommend it yet since its too soon to tell if I will get results but they were very nice there. They offer a lot of different treatments for acne scars but for my specific case they thought IPL would be best. My 2nd treatment is next week and I'll be posting about it. You could check out their website for more info www.purelaser.com

I almost forgot that I even posted here! thanks everyone for your replies. OursFan the link you posted won't work for me, I keep getting error message...it won't work if I copy and paste.

sadcaroline~can you tell me more about stanley kovak? what treatments did you have?

has anyone heard anything good or bad about Dr. John P. Cederna with Soderstrom dermatology center in Peoria IL (www.skinnews.com) and Harrison C. Putman III,MD

also in Peoria IL (www.putmanfps.com)

hi debbie- i went to dr kovak for blue light treatments for acne.. i only had 2, an it got so expensive going up there (i flew from nc to see him) that i couldnt afford to go back. but he does many treatments, and i was unbelievably impressed with him and his staff. i would feel completely comfy doing anything he recommends- i cant say enough good things about him. smile.gif i just wish i lived closer so he could be my regular derm:(