Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ParanoidAndroid

Acne.org Moisturizer Dan's New Formula?

Hi guys,

Well I was on this board like 2 years ago and I have beaten Acne (for now).. I had acne since I was 11 years old off and on and I am currently 26 years old. My birth control is whats helped me I believe. I do use Dan's (old) moisturizer and love it! My face breaks out for anything and gets red for just about anything but this... this moisturizer is heaven to my skin. I am just about out of it so I went on to danielkern.com to order some more and surprise surpirse he has changed his product after he always has said that he wouldn't do that.. wth? I am really upset, I finally found something that works for me and BOOM there they change it again. I read how some of you have had break outs because of it.. I don't need any more breakouts. Dan should have both still for sale.... I don't understand if its not broken, why try and fix it? :snooty: Well I love all of Dan's (old) products and I am going to give the 2 oz a try.. I'll let you guys know how it works for me.

Glad I'm not alone in thinking the new moisturizer is more drying than the last one. I thought something was changing in my skin, but reality is since I had to switch to the new moisturizer I've had to apply more of it with more jojoba oil and my skin has still been as dry as ever. For the first time in 5 years or so I think I'm going to try another moisturizer than Dan's. I've heard this one is pretty good:

http://www.amazon.com/Cetaphil-Moisturizin...e/dp/B000052YMQ

Any other recommendations?

Wanted to post a quick update. After using the new moisturizer since it came out my skin has been more dry, even with applying 3 full pumps and using jojoba oil. I had about 8 oz. of the old formula left and last week decided to try a test and switch back. Low and behold, my skin is less dry and feels more moisturized. After I run out I bought Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion to try out.

I just purchased the kit because I am running low. I still have been using the old formula. I do like it, it doesn't cause flakes. However, it does have some cons... I hearing mix opinions on this new formula one, so next week when I receive it I will let you guys/girls know what I think. It makes me nervous hearing that some break out and it still causes flaking. I do like the matte finish, rather than the greasy oily wet look..

+1 for the new formula not working. Dries my face, and I've broken out for the first time since 4 years ago when I first found DK's product. It's a shame that the one set of acne products that finally worked for me doesn't anymore. I'll have to take my money elsewhere and cross my fingers that there's a solution out there for me...

Also, for everyone complaining about the old formula stinging - you have to wait until the BP dries before applying the lotion. Lotion + wet (not fully absorbed) BP = stinging.