Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ParanoidAndroid

Acne.org Moisturizer Dan's New Formula?

Thanks. I hope that it won't make my face shiny like the current one does. I'm still looking for a good moisturizer and SPF moisturizer for my combination/oily skin. Ever since Olay changed their formula for their SPF oily skin moisturizer, I haven't found any that work. I'm gonna try Dan's new formula and see if it works without adding shine. I still need an SPF moisturizer, though...

Edited by ParanoidAndroid

Thanks. I hope that it won't make my face shiny like the current one does. I'm still looking for a good moisturizer and SPF moisturizer for my combination/oily skin. Ever since Olay changed their formula for their SPF oily skin moisturizer, I haven't found any that work. I'm gonna try Dan's new formula and see if it works without adding shine. I still need an SPF moisturizer, though...

I've been using this new forumla for about 6 months now and I think it's much less shiny than the original version. I think you'll like it. :)

I am in the same boat as you android, i can use dan's current moisturizer at night, but it makes my face so shiny and oily I can't bring myself to use it in the day. I hear olay is re-releasing their old formula as "Olay Classic," I'm looking forward to trying that and dan's new moisturizer. Right now I'm using Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen as a moisturizer along with dan's moisturizer in select spots. It is working out okay, but certainly not great. It sounds like we have similar skin so keep me updated if you find something that works!

I am in the same boat as you android, i can use dan's current moisturizer at night, but it makes my face so shiny and oily I can't bring myself to use it in the day. I hear olay is re-releasing their old formula as "Olay Classic," I'm looking forward to trying that and dan's new moisturizer. Right now I'm using Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen as a moisturizer along with dan's moisturizer in select spots. It is working out okay, but certainly not great. It sounds like we have similar skin so keep me updated if you find something that works!

I actually found the Olay Classic at walmart. Its a jar of olay complete sensitive skin with a green band and bubble on the front saying "classic gentle formula"

I'm really excited about the new formulation of the lotion; still has squalane and sodium hyalaurate (spelling?) and I think jojoba oil is the second ingredient!!! Not to mention the licorice root extract. I'm going to some soon, as I also need the cleanser (works great with my clarisonic!).

I actually found the Olay Classic at walmart. Its a jar of olay complete sensitive skin with a green band and bubble on the front saying "classic gentle formula"

You found Olay Complete Sensitive skin's old formula?! YAYYY!! :dance: Now my search for a great moisturizer is over haha. I'm going out to buy it today! (OP: Sorry for posting something off-topic.)

You found Olay Complete Sensitive skin's old formula?! YAYYY!! :dance: Now my search for a great moisturizer is over haha. I'm going out to buy it today! (OP: Sorry for posting something off-topic.)

Picture of the box on the shelf for ya:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/pnuema775/Olaaayyy.jpg

and it was $5 before taxes.

I found the classic Olay sensitive skin spf 15 at my local Hannafords (supermarket chain) but not at Rite Aid. I suggest shopping around at different places...I live in a small place and if I could find it, I'm willing to bet that other people can too if they go to different places.

Edited by themintyness

Guest Timehealsall

ive been using the olay moisturizer (classic gentle formula) but it just seems to ball up with benzoyl peroxide :(

Just wanted to say that I have also found the old formula Olay Complete Sensitive Skin SPF 15... I'm trying to remember where... I think it was somewhere random like Raley's (grocery store), or maybe CVS or Walgreens. I definitely had to scout around for it though. It's been working great--I mix the Jojoba Oil in with it about half the time. I'm still using Dan's moisturizer at night, which I'm not wild about, but I don't like applying something with SPF at night, it seems like an unnecessary ingredient to have on my skin all night. Previously I was using Dermalogica Active Moist, which I liked okay but it's just too expensive. I prefer the Olay, anyway.

Plus a few tips/observations: 1) the Olay is not balling up for me like it has in the past, and I think it's because I'm using the AHA regularly which exfoliates/smoothes out my skin; 2) if I'm looking shiny I just use some blotter sheets right after moisturizing (I like the ones by Proactiv); and 3) for girls, Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer LIGHT (not regular), applied after moisturizer and before make-up, will usually get rid of any leftover shine, in my experience. And set your foundation with a little loose powder which also fights shine.

Good luck everyone! So glad Olay is back.

EDIT: @Timehealsall, have you tried mixing in some Jojoba Oil? Does it still ball up?

Edited by l'espoir

Guest Timehealsall

no i have no tried doing that.

I will try that and let you know how it goes.

Ok, will do. I just ordered Dan's new formula, so I'll see how it works and let you know about it. I really hope it doesn't leave your skin more greasy than normal. Right now, I'm using Neutrogena Oil-free Moisture for Combination Skin, but it doesn't work too well. It moisturizes pretty good, but it burns when going on and doesn't leave a matte finish like it says it does, so I'm only using it at night. In the morning, I use Olay Complete Moisture Lotion SPF 15 for combination/oily skin (the old formula). It works amazingly! But sadly, Olay isn't bringing back the old formula for that because I guess they want to stick with their horrible, greasy, sunscreen-like new formula. :rolleyes:

What's up with Olay? First they change the formula for all of their Complete moisturizers, even though everybody loved them, and then they bring back the formula for sensitive skin, but don't sell it online and only sell it to very few retailers. And even though everyone wants the old combination/oily formula back, they won't change it. Why can't there be any good SPF moisturizers for oily skin? :boohoo:

So I just received Dan's New Moisturizer, and have been using it the past few days.

It works great! It is very soothing and leaves your skin very smooth and matte. It is probably the best moisturizer I've ever used. Two things, though:

1) Maybe I just have skin that doesn't dry out, or maybe it's just my oily skin, but using two pumps, as Dan recommends, is WAY too much for me. I was skeptical about using that much at first, so I only used 1 and a quarter pumps and it took 5 minutes to apply. If I had stopped spreading it around, I would have had a layer an inch thick left on my face. I only need about three-quarters of a pump.

2) It is definitely less oily than the old moisturizer, and it goes on matte and stays that way for a few hours (at least for me). However, it doesn't stay that way for the entire day, and it left my forehead and nose shinier than usual. It's not horrible, but it is a noticeable difference.

As acne does have its variations and subtleties it always pays to get good medical advice from a doctor or dermatologist who are qualified to give an expert assessment of your skin type and the recommend some of the best acne treatments that may be appropriate to treat your own skin. This way you can find the best acne cure treatment and then find support and bargains here at acne free clear skin treatment.

Does anyone NOT like this new formula?? Anyone experience any breakouts when adding this to their regime? I feel like it works fine for my forehead which is oily, but for my super dry cheeks, it's simply not moisturizing enough. I get tiny tiny micro zits when I put it on within minutes- kind of like small goosebumps that will go away once I apply some petrolatum based moisturizer like CeraVe Cream or Cetaphil cream, the latter being much more oily but a tiny bit more hydrating than the Cerave....

Edited by mboona

I like it for the most part but I dont like the yellow which I know is the licorice extract.

When you have dry skin at times it can leave a yellowish cast or streaks.

I wish Dan would make a white version of this moisturizer.

I just wanted to share my experience with the new formula of the moisturizer. I have found that it initially caused several breakouts over the course of my first 3-5 days of use. I dont know if this is due to some purging, or if my skin simply needed to get used to the new moisturizer. However, I have not since seen any new breakouts over the past 3 days after the initial breakouts. So I am hoping that it was only an initial reaction and that the new formula moisturizer will work for me.

Keep in mind, I have not added any other variables into the regimen over those days, everything has stayed the same except for the new formula moisturizer. I am a long time regimen user, my skin has been clear for years. I get an occasional flare up periodically but definitely not to the extent of the ones I got when starting with the new moisturizer.

My point here is that every new product that you decide to use should be used with caution. It may be non-acne causing, but it also may irritate your skin and cause breakouts. I was relying on everyone elses experience with this product here on acne.org, and so I switched completely over to the new product and I paid for it. I do not know if I will continue to use this moisturizer but I am hoping that my skin adjusts to it. The old formula moisturizer was the best value for size and since I use the regimen on my face/neck/chest/back I could not afford to buy smaller sized moisturizers on the market.

I will keep you all updated after more days of usage.

Edited by smurfo9

mboona,

I am pretty mixed on this moisturizer too. It doesn't leave your face red or oily, which solves the problems from the previous moisturizer. But it's not overly moisturizing and leaves my skin really flaky. even though I also apply jojoba oil at night. And yes, the orangish residue can be annoying. Overall I like it, but at the same time I have some issues with it.

I prefer the original moisturizer and really, really wish Dan would bring it back! The new formula doesn't moisturize as well and leaves my skin with this awful yellow tint! This is clear under florescent lighting and is even more obvious is daylight!! Further, the new formula stains white clothing (similar to the AHA+). I really, really wish he would get rid of the yellow, and bring back the old formula. I can handle the shine, just not the yellow stain. Until he gets rid of this product, I'm going to have to find a new moisturizer...again! Disappointing, especially now that I wasted $30 on this new formula junk!

I actually like the new formula. I HATED the shiny effect on the old formula, had to pat my face every other hour.

I don't get the yellow tint. Maybe you're not fully rubbing in the lotion on your face?

The real ONLY problem with this lotion is that it doesn't not moisturize as well. I have to bring the bottle to work because my face gets dry and I have to re-apply every 3-4 hours. I'm pretty afraid as the NYC winter is right around the corner, my face is going to be very dry.

My view on the new moisturizer (I've been on the regime for about 2 years or so now only suffering with one or two blemishes at the most)

It creates yellow streaks all over your face you have to press and rub into your skin kinda hard so it will blend in. I've also been breaking out rather badly and have been enduring it for 2 weeks thinking it was just a purge, now that it hasn't improved I think I'll be looking for something else. The only good point I can think is that it doesn't cause the redness and stinging sensation you get with the old moisturizer using it after applying the bp and the shinyness isn't as bad.

It just disappoints me that I have to go through more trial,error and money wasting on other moisturizing products when the old one worked well for me, however everyones skin is different right? *sighhhh!*

Edited by leoblack

I am going to have to second the last post. I want this moisturizer to work so badly but it just doesnt seem to be doing the trick. I find it odd how everyone is praising it so much. I am a very long time regimen user, but ever since trying the new moisturizer I have experienced extremely dry flaky skin. I have also been experiencing breakouts. This may not be caused by the moisturizer directly, however if the moisturizer is not doing its job and keeping your skin moisturized then your skin will be more irritated - leading to new breakouts. I know people are going to try to tell me to use more Jojoba Oil, more Moisturizer, but the fact is I have gone through 16 ounces of this moisturizer and half a bottle of Jojoba Oil in three weeks. And yet today my skin is flaking all over the place.

I do not know what to do other then try and get my skin back to its normal state somehow and see if the moisturizer will work. If I cannot get things back to normal I will be forced to use another product. I have already ordered a few bottles of Complex 15 and am debating on whether to use or return my next bottle of the Acne.org moisturizer.

I love this regimen and site, however I find it very frustrating to see products that work taken off of the market. Dan himself used to constantly talk on here about how many companies changed formulas on their products and it made it very difficult for all of us to find a substitute that worked well. Now we see that Acne.Org is doing the same thing and it is quite frankly pissing me off.

I hope that it works out in the long run, and if not that I can find something else that works for me.

Edited by smurfo9