Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dashooter911

Just started Accutane today.

Really nervious. My uncle has a mental disorder (think he is bi-polar). Really scared that this drug might trigger it. Hopefully, it wont.

I just started a week ago. My thoughts on the matter is stay focused and try not to let it bother you.

update, I feel like crap today. Being on Accutane the first day for me is kinda like being sick only without the fever and being very dry everywhere.

Dashooter, how about starting an accutane log of yours in the other forum (Personal Regimen Logs) - lots of people have done this, and it's a good way to keep us informed and ask any questions. smile.gif

You shouldn't be feeling any side effects from Accutane yet - I didn't start seeing them until about the 2nd week. Good luck and hope it works for you!

I think Im taking 80 mg a day, one in the morning and one at night. My weight and height is 6'2 200lbs if that makes any difference.

I think I might just do that. Cool idea.

You're feeling side-effects the DAY you started Accutane? Sounds very awkward. I personally think it's either "in your head" or you have an allergic reaction to the drug (which would be incredibly rare).

The first month I read a bunch of horror stories regarding Accutane. I dwelled on the idea of being unhealthy and never becoming clear. I decided to stop reading acne message boards and move on with my life. I clearly remember being where you guys are today, don't sweat it! Move on with your life and have yourself a good time. Time flies as long as you're not counting the days!

One thing that helped me out was saving the little boxes that the Accutane pills come in. Whenever I was feeling down I went to go look at my stash of Accutane boxes and see how far i've come.