Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sooroo10

What do you like about yourself?

I am new to the message boards and I'm here for self esteem/mental health support.

I was emailing one of my close friends who lives in another city (adulthood is rough like that) about how I recently got an acne breakout on my jaw/upper neck area that won't budge. I usually have clear enough skin (1-2 spots) that I don't wear make up. I am 30.

I'm doing acupuncture and a few topicals for now, but the treatment is not what I'm interested in.

Rather, I was telling my friend about how self conscious I was and how I didn't want to leave the house sometimes, and how I want to hide from my loving and supportive husband.

She has really nice, creamy, perfect skin. She told me that she doesn't skin on other people, but instead she looks at other girl's thighs. She is convinced her thighs are huge and unattractive. Which I never saw. I always think she's gorgeous.

But today, instead of focusing on what I don't like, I wanted to ask what you do like about your appearance and yourself in general? We shouldn't base our identity and esteem in our imperfections.

Today, I like my my slender hips, my long, thin legs, and my hair (I have a pretty cool, asymmetrical, short 'do). I wear stylish glasses too.

I also am going to sing and play a little guitar (my talent!) and cook (another talent- which my hubs enjoys).

Later, I'll pick out a nice outfit for work. I always get compliments on my clothing style.

What about you?

Physically, the only thing I like about myself is my boobs, lol.

But I also like my humor - I'm very funny and fun to be with IRL =) Some people think it's annoying. But I live my life for the lulz.

Also, I love how old-fashion I can be! I love 80s movies and 50s music - you don't see that in a lot of teenagers these days.

My lips, boobs, my eyes, my personality totally rocks and I love being funny and sarcastic. I'm a good mom, a good wife and I have a good heart when it comes to people I care about. Piss me off and that's another story :lol:

I think this type of positivity is great! As women we should love our bodies! =)

I like my eyes, my legs, how my hip bone stick out slightly, and the view of my body from the side. Weird I know but I find the curve of backs very beautiful. haha

let me see.

I like my height (im short, but i like it anyway =) ), my eyes, my mouth, my eyebrow, my childish-ness, my laughter(I should laugh more), my maturity when need arises..

actually one can write a list of what you like about youself.

Suddenly i can think of alot of things that i find i like about myself. and i feel alot happier.

ups for this thread

I like my green eyes, my thick black hair, my sarcasm, my intelligence, my humor, my kindliness, my sense for music, my taste for clothes, and I like myself because I know I act different (in a good way) than most people...

I love my eyes... They're just so blue with a dark blue ring around the outside and they're huge. I used to hate them because I looked like an alien but I grew into them! Lol!

I don't like anything about my life. It's that bad.

Physically, well I guess I like the fact that I'm improving my body in terms of peak condition and strength. Outside of those things, nothing else.

I had thought about making this kind of post, too :D.

I like my height, the length of my legs, my hands & nails, my teeth, my ears (lol, weird I know, but I got them operated a year ago, and I've loved them since then - they are just so perfectly normal :)), my imagination, my humor and maybe my lips. They are VERY red from natures side, and I still have yet to figure out, if I like it or not. And maybe my eyes. There aren't anything wrong with them, neither are there anything special about them. I'm just pleased that they are working "properly" (both of my parents wear glasses). And well, they DO have a slight hint of green among the brown (:.

Excellent! I'm so pleased with the response.

Today, I was felt pretty happy with my appearance. Still have spots, but they seemed to have calmed down a lot. Even though you can still see them with make up, I thought I looked great. I wore a pair of skinny jeans and high heeled shoes and a "boyfriend cardigan" to work. They made my legs look miles long. I got nice compliments from colleagues (especially the shoes).

Hope everyone had a lovely Wednesday!

Physically, the only thing I like about myself is my boobs, lol.

what a coincidence, i like your boobs too!

My lips, boobs, my eyes, my personality totally rocks and I love being funny and sarcastic.

and yours

I think this type of positivity is great! As women we should love our bodies! =)

and yours

Physically, well I guess I like the fact that I'm improving my body in terms of peak condition and strength. Outside of those things, nothing else.

and yours

oh no wait..... you're a guy.

sorry about that

What do you like about yourself?, self esteem, emotional effects

nothing in particular but i do think i have good taste. and the ability to make people around me feel good about themselves, their work and their character. i can make even horrible people feel reassured that actually they might not be that horrible, as i can see the good bits in them and can extract them out when they are around, to always get the best out of everyone.

Edited by Grind

Guest Timehealsall

lmfao unfortunately the only thing i "like" about myself is my height (im almost 6 foot)

Everything else :whistle:

I love redheads :D I have some ginger friends and they are just so glamourous and their hair is so full and shiny!

I like my personality. I like my eyes. I like how white my teeth are. I like how long my hair is. I like my butt. That's about it :think:

I like my personality. I like my eyes. I like how white my teeth are. I like how long my hair is. I like my butt. That's about it :think:

from your picture i see you have beautiful eyebrows too...mine are the same way. im so glad i dont have to fil them with pencil :)

well i like my eyes, hair, legs, butt, stomach is almost to the point where i like it lol, my teeth, my lips? lol. and people mainly adultssay my skintones pretty. (but most kids dont agree when you live in sunny fl) my freckles, eyelashes, and people say im very sweet and genuine. and i like classic rock lol.

I like my body figure. I never get fat no matter how much food I take how many times everyday. lol seriously idk why but I want to gain a little weight. I like my eyes, I have a good voice I sing and dance, I like my artistic abilities.

from your picture i see you have beautiful eyebrows too...mine are the same way. im so glad i dont have to fil them with pencil :)

Awhh thank you! :) I think you're beautiful overall. And yeah, I don't fill mine in with a pencil neither haha.

Hmm, girls seem to be better at answering this...

I can't think of anything I particularly like about myself. I am kind of lanky with thin forearms, my nose is not straight and pointy like others, my teeth are getting a little crooked (gonna have to go to ortho prob) and I chipped my front tooth a little. I can't seem to ever get a decent hair style as I have cowlicks everywhere and my facial hair is thick and uneven. My eyesight seems to be getting worse and my right eyelid is drooped a little from being hit with a metal pole. Obviously my skin isn't good either since I have acne.

And even from an emotional standpoint, I don't really stand out above others. I am not all that funny or exciting to be around, nor do I have any special talents or skills (you know like nunchuck skills, computer hacking skills... :lol: ). I guess some people say I'm nice but that doesn't mean much.

It might sound like I'm complaining but really I'm just glad I'm not hideous or with severe health problems.

Edited by CursedSoul

Ah, CursedSoul, you don't have to stand above others to like things about yourself. I am a pretty average person over all, but I still like and appreciate stuff.

Surely there must be something?

Anyway, lanky is good. Lanky men age very well (muscle dudes get get flabby really quickly once they stop working out). And I don't mean 50s, but even in their 30s, guys who were "skinny" are now "fit and trim." Luckily, there are stores like H&M out there and styles like skinny pants that flatter men who are lanky. You can get some good, dark framed hip glasses, and wear hipster clothes if you have this kind of build. (I live in NYC, and this is the most interesting style out there). Crooked teeth and a non-straight nose give your face character. Who wants to look generic?

And being nice matters, too. Especially if you actually have empathy for others. It's a rare trait, and you should appreciate that about yourself.

I know that I appreciate my tall, thin, very kind husband (I don't appreciate the fact that he looks so young that people card him, but not me, even though he's almost 32! He also has perfect skin, but we won't go into that!)

Hmm, girls seem to be better at answering this...

I can't think of anything I particularly like about myself. I am kind of lanky with thin forearms, my nose is not straight and pointy like others, my teeth are getting a little crooked (gonna have to go to ortho prob) and I chipped my front tooth a little. I can't seem to ever get a decent hair style as I have cowlicks everywhere and my facial hair is thick and uneven. My eyesight seems to be getting worse and my right eyelid is drooped a little from being hit with a metal pole. Obviously my skin isn't good either since I have acne.

And even from an emotional standpoint, I don't really stand out above others. I am not all that funny or exciting to be around, nor do I have any special talents or skills (you know like nunchuck skills, computer hacking skills... :lol: ). I guess some people say I'm nice but that doesn't mean much.

It might sound like I'm complaining but really I'm just glad I'm not hideous or with severe health problems.

I like my body cuz I work out a lot

I like the shape of my nose

Generally speaking I like the shape and features of my face - only the skin is fucked