Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

Dans regimen question

Guest Timehealsall

Guys ive been on the regimen for about a week and i have several questions

1) i think i might have started applying too much BP, so should i reduce the amount and wait a few weeks to ramp the dosage? My skin is getting pretty flaky/dry.

2) Do many people breakout from jojoba oil? I have the one from desert essence but i am hesitant that it might break me out. I have been test spotting it on my jaw area (an area which rarely breaks out) and it hasn't broken me out in 2 weeks. Will it be safe to use?

3) I noticed that SPF moisturizers ball up much easier with BP, is there anyway to avoid this? Will jojoba oil help?

Guys ive been on the regimen for about a week and i have several questions

1) i think i might have started applying too much BP, so should i reduce the amount and wait a few weeks to ramp the dosage? My skin is getting pretty flaky/dry.

2) Do many people breakout from jojoba oil? I have the one from desert essence but i am hesitant that it might break me out. I have been test spotting it on my jaw area (an area which rarely breaks out) and it hasn't broken me out in 2 weeks. Will it be safe to use?

3) I noticed that SPF moisturizers ball up much easier with BP, is there anyway to avoid this? Will jojoba oil help?

1. if you feel like you might have started too fast, you probably have. at this point, you should be using about only a half a pump, or a 1/4 fingers length of BP. some peoples skin doesnt take to the BP as well as others. so if its dreadfully irriated, cut back a bit.

2. my face LOVES jojoba oil. in fact, in extension to your first question.. (considering you havent broken out from it yet) using it will help your skin to stay hydrated so you can continue to use a good amount of BP. put it on just after you cleanse, then wait the 10-15 mins to dry, and apply your bp. if that doesnt conquor all your flakes, put about 2-3 drops in the moisturizer you use aswell. i use the jojoba oil as a scrub to get off all the dead skin before i cleanse every 2nd night. you wouldnt think a oil would make a good scrub, but you'd be suprised. works amazingly.

3. im indoors all the time with school and work so i dont put much moisturizers on containing SPF. so i havent noticed the difference much. but the jojoba oil might help that aswell. will probably make it go on smoother. just put the few drops in like i described above and it should help a lot.

hope this helped.

Guest Timehealsall

i have the tube version, not the pump. 1/4 fingers lenght? thats how much i seem to be using and my skin still gets very flaky (although i have no irritation or redness or burning sensation).

Regarding the jojoba oil, arent we supposed to only use it AFTER we apply bp and put 2-3 drops only in the moisturizer?

Is it okay to use it like you suggested before applying BP? Can any of the Moderators verify this?

thanks for your replies mate!

i have the tube version, not the pump. 1/4 fingers lenght? thats how much i seem to be using and my skin still gets very flaky (although i have no irritation or redness or burning sensation).

Regarding the jojoba oil, arent we supposed to only use it AFTER we apply bp and put 2-3 drops only in the moisturizer?

Is it okay to use it like you suggested before applying BP? Can any of the Moderators verify this?

thanks for your replies mate!

lots of people use it before the BP step of the regimen.

i have been for over half of the time that i have been on the regimen approx. 2 months and i havent seen anything but progress.. and not to mention any flakes or dryness.

i heard that the jojoba oil can make the BP penitrate deeper into your pores aswell.

Guest Timehealsall

Would you recommend that i continue spot testing it on other areas before using it all over my face?

Also, how were your 2 months like so far? Did you have any initial breakouts? If so, how bad were they?

Would you recommend that i continue spot testing it on other areas before using it all over my face?

Also, how were your 2 months like so far? Did you have any initial breakouts? If so, how bad were they?

if youve been spot testing it for 2 weeks now, it should be fine to apply over your whole face. if your skin didnt like it, you would have seen either a break out or irritation by now in that spot.

mm, well it was deffinatly a roller coaster. my face didnt change much at all for about.. a month. by the end of the second week (just like dan says on what to expect) i got a horrible breakout. i got about 3-4 new breakouts everyday for about 3 or 4 days.. after that it only got better. during week 5 is when i saw some really noticable results, and by that i mean only have 3 zits TOPS on my face at a time.. and the rest red marks (which i still have, boo! theyre all fading slowly tho). even 2 months in i still get breakouts a couple times a week. difference is they come up not nearly as red, painful, and as big. and by the next day or two they make their way back down. i really cant even tell the difference between my acual zits and red marks anymore besides the feeling of them when i wash my face. i did make the mistake a couple weeks ago of sleeping in my make up after a night out.. got a HUGE (noticable) breakout. but thankfully since ive been on the regimen for awhile it cleared within a week. overall, this has worked wonders for me. and it only keeps getting better!

Guest Timehealsall

hey there, i have several questions.

1) Describe your breakouts before you started the regimen. Were they similar to what you got during the regimen?

2) how long did you have flaky/dry skin for? How did you remove it? If i do not remove it, can it do anything bad to my skin?

3) I used jojoba oil today as a exfoliator but rubbing it on my face and leaving it on for 10 minutes, than washing it off. It made my face look good, but i still have a lot of flaking (the stubborn ones) :(

Any ideas as to how i can get rid of these?

4) i know it is required to use the regimen 2x a day, but has anyone seen GREAT results using it only once a day (at night)?

3) I used jojoba oil today as a exfoliator but rubbing it on my face and leaving it on for 10 minutes, than washing it off. It made my face look good, but i still have a lot of flaking (the stubborn ones) :(

once you do this a couple times all the flakes will be vurtually gone. even the stubborn ones. try to sit down and watch a half hour show or something while you gently massage your face for that time. i usually do it for an hour if possible even when i dont have dry skin anymore. it just feels nice :)

Guest Timehealsall

once you do this a couple times all the flakes will be vurtually gone. even the stubborn ones. try to sit down and watch a half hour show or something while you gently massage your face for that time. i usually do it for an hour if possible even when i dont have dry skin anymore. it just feels nice :)

massaging skin for 30 minutes? isnt that way too irritat

:confused:

massaging skin for 30 minutes? isnt that way too irritat

:confused:

it shouldnt be unless youre doing it vigerously.

doing it gently for that amount of time and avoiding your active pimples (or just barely touching them) is just fine. theres a thread for this technique under "important topics".

have a look at it.

Guest Timehealsall

hey so the jojoba oil, if applied before the BP, helps the BP penetrate deeper?