Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wikka way

Most efective - Aloe Vera or Vinegar method?

Would Aloe Vera 'cream' or the lemon and vinegar method be the most effective against fairly new red and indented scars on my right cheek (not too severe). What are your experiences with these two treatments everyone???

How new??? If they are still red, it sounds like they are still healing. At this point, I'd do all you can to keep the healing process going. Out of the two you mentioned, I'd probably stick with Aloe Vera, or possibly something like Neosporin or Spenco. Don't do anything to irritate them further at this point.

Thankyou so much for your reply. Can you buy aloe vera in a cream form? Also, are these neosporin and spenco things available from a regular chemist (without a prescription?) Would it be worth asking a derm what the best of these three is?

Wikka,

I purchase a bottle of pure, organic Aloe Vera capsules from GNC (the Natural Brand), and then just puncture the capsules with a pin to extract the gel. I've been doing this for about a month (after several months of ravaging my skin/worsening my scars with Retin-A-Micro), and the indents on my cheeks are healing extremely well. The Aloe Vera hasn't done anything for my red marks, however. I still apply Retin-A-Micro for that, which appears to do the trick. Best of luck to you.

Thankyou so much for your reply. Can you buy aloe vera in a cream form? Also, are these neosporin and spenco things available from a regular chemist (without a prescription?) Would it be worth asking a derm what the best of these three is?

Neosporin and spenco are available from the pharmacy or online. I am partial to spenco, myself wink.gif Of course you could ask your derm what he thinks!

Alas, I haven't noticed much improvement with vinegar and lemon.

I am sure that the lemon water is important though, as drinking water is crucial to overall skin and wolistic health (lemon can't hurt either).

I really wanted the V&L trick to work, but it didn't seem to do anything.

For red marks, I am trying copper peptides and zinc oxide cream.

I used Burt's Bees diaper cream for my zinc oxide, it was something I had around and seems to help.

I only use it once or twice a week though, I am wary of it making me break out becuase it is so thick and creamy, but so far no probs with it. It is messy to sleep in though.

Copper peptides are good, but slow.

Glycolic and Salicylic acid peels are a good way to go for red marks too.

No peels if the scars are still healing though.

There are lots of threads about peels.

Good luck!