Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Isaac100

New Diet, Anything I should Add/Remove

Hey, Anyway, I am currently on a Diet (Paleo I Guess).

I've done lots of research and here's my Diet that I've been on for about 3-4 weeks.

Breakfast (At around 6-7 in the morning):

3 Chicken Breast

A Big Salad: Made up of Spinach, Lettuce, and Tomatoes

A Big Handful Of Brocolli

Lunch (At around 3-4 pm):

2 Chicken Breast

A small box of Raspberries

Half of a Squash

Dinner (At around 6-7pm):

1 Chicken Breast

1 Piece of Salmon

A Big Salad: Spinach, Lettuce, Tomatoes

A Big Handful of Brocolli

Some Celery

Vitamins:

4000mg of Fish Oil (omega 3) (2 With breakfast, 2 with dinner)

1000mg of Vitamin C (After each meal, so 3000mg per day)

Zinc (50mg)

Vit E

Vit A Beta

That's about it, I drink plenty of water (I hope)

And I just wanted to see if I could add anything.

Perferebly something high in calories or fats, anything to gain some weight.

I have lost quite a lot of weight over the past few weeks, well during the first week lost about 20lbs, then about 5lbs the next week and have been at a stable 135-140lbs,

I'm 6 feet tall and 14 years old, just wanted to get some more weight in me,

Thanks!

I've done lots of research and here's my Diet that I've been on for about 3-4 weeks.

3 Chicken Breast

2 Chicken Breast

Half of a Squash

1 Chicken Breast

1 Piece of Salmon

Some Celery

Vitamins:

Zinc (50mg)

Vit E

Vit A Beta

I have lost quite a lot of weight over the past few weeks, well during the first week lost about 20lbs, then about 5lbs the next week and have been at a stable 135-140lbs,

Thanks!

Why you eat chicken all day? You will not gain anything on that diet. You will probably lose weight. First of all it is just chicken as a protein for most part and chicken has very few calories because it has 0 fat and 0 carbs. Second, it is only 3 meals a day. Third, at 6" and 135lbs, you are approaching underweight status.

Eat more fats like extra virgin olive oil, ghee, avocados, pumpkin seeds, dry roasted almonds and macadamias or their butter (in moderation), coconut and coconut milk, and eggs if you can tolerate them. Like Necro said, just plain chicken isn't gonna help you pack on the pounds (make sure to get thighs or legs with skin for more calories); try beef (preferably grass-fed) or lamb if you can. But you're definitely on the right track and eating better than many people already, so kudos!

Eat more fats like extra virgin olive oil, ghee, avocados, pumpkin seeds, dry roasted almonds and macadamias or their butter (in moderation), coconut and coconut milk, and eggs if you can tolerate them. Like Necro said, just plain chicken isn't gonna help you pack on the pounds (make sure to get thighs or legs with skin for more calories); try beef (preferably grass-fed) or lamb if you can. But you're definitely on the right track and eating better than many people already, so kudos!

A+ post.

I know the OP and others like him are afraid to eat fats and oils because you got this misconception that they make acne worse or if it is fitness related, it will make you fat. This is completely wrong. When I did Keto the month before I went on vacation, I drank olive oil daily. To burn fat and get cut, you need to consume fat and a lot of it. Yes this on the surface, makes no sense. It just isn't logical is it? I was eating peanut butter out of a jar, drinking shots of olive oil, and going through hamburger patties like cookies. I lost about 15 lbs, lost 3" on waist, and my abs were just sick. No acne. Just striated muscle.

The only fish/chicken diet isn't going to work. You need beef or some fatty meats to go along with chicken. At best, 4-8oz of chicken will get you 200-400 calories. You doing that 3 times a day and you will get at best 1500 calories (if you don't get sick of eating chicken all day, everyday).

If you love chicken that much, go to KFC and get a bucket or your local grocery store. I got a box of fried chicken this week at the grocery store for $5.99 and it was 8 pieces.

Good luck! :)

Hey, Well thanks, but I notice that fried foods dont really help with my acne.

I really just want to find foods that I can tolerate and add to just give me a little more weight and energy.

I have tried eggs and haven't been able to tolerate them, I will try other things such as cocunut oil and almonds and lamb.

Grass-Fed Beef is quite expensive and hard to get my hands on.

Anything else?

I really just want to find foods that I can tolerate and add to just give me a little more weight and energy.

I have tried eggs and haven't been able to tolerate them, I will try other things such as cocunut oil and almonds and lamb.

Anything else?

Bison if you can find it. And yes I'm serious. I just started it in recent months. I get the patty in stores. It is eaten by many pro bodybuilders. Lots of protein, and relatively cleaner than a regular hamburger beef patty. My lifts have generally been great after eating Bison.

You should add some carbs and throw out all that celery and salad stuff. If you really want gain weight, you need complex carbs. Potatos, oatmeal, etc. where they at in your diet. Oatmeal has never been known to do anything but make muscle grow like no other carb source!

Anything else?

Bison if you can find it. And yes I'm serious. I just started it in recent months. I get the patty in stores. It is eaten by many pro bodybuilders. Lots of protein, and relatively cleaner than a regular hamburger beef patty. My lifts have generally been great after eating Bison.

You should add some carbs and throw out all that celery and salad stuff. If you really want gain weight, you need complex carbs. Potatos, oatmeal, etc. where they at in your diet. Oatmeal has never been known to do anything but make muscle grow like no other carb source!

Hey, Just wondering, but LOL, I'm on this diet BECAUSE of my poor skin and acne. It is Carbs/Gluten which is paying a big cause to it, so I really don't think adding in carbs is the best option.

I think you have misunderstood this to me trying merely gain weight and build muscle.

Just wondering, haha not trying to be offensive,

Thanks!

Anything else?

Hey, Just wondering, but LOL, I'm on this diet BECAUSE of my poor skin and acne. It is Carbs/Gluten which is paying a big cause to it, so I really don't think adding in carbs is the best option.

I think you have misunderstood this to me trying merely gain weight and build muscle.

Thanks!

Since you seem to be on a carb dominating diet (you're not eating a lot of carbs but the protein will be converted to carbs) the best way to gain weight is obviously to up your fat intake. However, if you eat too much fat your body will switch to burning fat as it's main source of energy and you will in turn lose weight. Eat a balanced diet and you won't have any problems which you aren't doing right now.

Anything else?

Thanks!

Since you seem to be on a carb dominating diet (you're not eating a lot of carbs but the protein will be converted to carbs) the best way to gain weight is obviously to up your fat intake. However, if you eat too much fat your body will switch to burning fat as it's main source of energy and you will in turn lose weight. Eat a balanced diet and you won't have any problems which you aren't doing right now.

Hmm, I see, sooo how to you suggest I balance my diet, without going into factors that may affect my skin.

Hmm, I see, sooo how to you suggest I balance my diet, without going into factors that may affect my skin.

Well it's pretty easy actually. Add oil on top of your meat or veggies (EV olive, EV coconut, or just butter) and eat until you're full. I believe eating more than 8 grams of carbs in an hour will cause insulin to be released (or so I've read) so of course don't eat too much carbs at once but try to get a decent amount from foods you can eat. Adding oil will definitely help though since you haven't been getting much. You can also take a fattier cut of meat if you want...not sure why you like chicken breast so much. If I'm having chicken I buy the whole thing and cook it. Does red meat break you out or are you just avoiding it on suspicion? Can you eat any nuts or seeds? Coconuts? I'm beginning to eat avocados again even though they are an inflammatory food. You might want to try adding some new stuff back in and if it gives you any spots, remove it. I'm sure you don't want to be eating the same 3 foods or so for the rest of your life.

Well it's pretty easy actually. Add oil on top of your meat or veggies (EV olive, EV coconut, or just butter) and eat until you're full. I believe eating more than 8 grams of carbs in an hour will cause insulin to be released (or so I've read) so of course don't eat too much carbs at once but try to get a decent amount from foods you can eat. Adding oil will definitely help though since you haven't been getting much. You can also take a fattier cut of meat if you want...not sure why you like chicken breast so much. If I'm having chicken I buy the whole thing and cook it. Does red meat break you out or are you just avoiding it on suspicion? Can you eat any nuts or seeds? Coconuts? I'm beginning to eat avocados again even though they are an inflammatory food. You might want to try adding some new stuff back in and if it gives you any spots, remove it. I'm sure you don't want to be eating the same 3 foods or so for the rest of your life.

Thanks a bunch. I will start adding Coconut Oil.

I also tried Flax Seeds, but they didn't work out well.

Also, when I try to buy Whole Chicken, its usually like a pre-cooked one which has been through a lot of (who knows what) processing. So I try and avoid it as much as possible.

And I'm avoidiing red meats for now, will try and add some in the future.

Just wondering, but what Nuts do you recommend?

Thanks a bunch. I will start adding Coconut Oil.

I also tried Flax Seeds, but they didn't work out well.

Also, when I try to buy Whole Chicken, its usually like a pre-cooked one which has been through a lot of (who knows what) processing. So I try and avoid it as much as possible.

And I'm avoidiing red meats for now, will try and add some in the future.

Just wondering, but what Nuts do you recommend?

Flax seeds actually aren't a really good choice and I guess it's good they didn't work. I'm not sure if soaking helps them but the nutrients in them really isn't all that accessible for us. I know what you mean those pre-cooked whole chickens have added junk been there done that. I did find a whole one at the grocery store though and cooked it in a crock pot and I prefer it that way. I can't say any nuts in particular would be an absolute safe bet but I'd start with almonds. If you want to lower the chance of having any problems with them, throw a serving size in a jar with a little bit of salt and water for 7+ hours and then eat them because it will make them easier to digest and they wont steal nutrients from the other foods you eat. I wouldn't eat peanuts (I know, not even a nut but I figured I'd say it) because they usually contain a lot of mold. Valencia peanuts would be a safer bet if you ever want to experiment. You could also try walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, pistachios. The walnuts and pecans can be soaked also. You can also try pumpkin or sunflower seeds. You don't have to soak your nuts; you might not have any trouble with unsoaked nuts but if you break out from unsoaked you might want to try it.

3 Chicken Breast

2 Chicken Breast

Half of a Squash

1 Chicken Breast

1 Piece of Salmon

Some Celery

Vitamins:

Zinc (50mg)

Vit E

Vit A Beta

Thanks!

You can't possibly sustain that diet for over a a week or two. More than 40% of your calories are coming from protein which surpasses our biological tolerance for protein. Search "rabbit starvation" on google to learn more about it.

Add more fats to your diet; pastured lard, grass-fed butter, coconut oil, EVOO, etc.

3 Chicken Breast

2 Chicken Breast

Half of a Squash

1 Chicken Breast

1 Piece of Salmon

Some Celery

Vitamins:

Zinc (50mg)

Vit E

Vit A Beta

Thanks!

You can't possibly sustain that diet for over a a week or two. More than 40% of your calories are coming from protein which surpasses our biological tolerance for protein. Search "rabbit starvation" on google to learn more about it.

Add more fats to your diet; pastured lard, grass-fed butter, coconut oil, EVOO, etc.

But I've been doing this diet for over 3 -4 weeks and havent had any negative (rabbit starvation) symptoms, I would say I feel better, not worse.

But at the same time, I do understand I must start adding fats to my diet, any other form of healthy fats that can help me balance my diet?

Thanks!