Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Swain

moisturizer.. what am i doing wrong?

I've tried all the brands listed on this site. No matter what I do, the moisturizer burns my skin after applying it. I only use the bp once at a day (at night). What I do is apply the bp, wait 5 min, then apply moisturizer. In the mornings I wash then apply the moisturizer while my face is still damp.

Should I be waiting until my face is very dry before I apply the moisturizer?

Yes, definately a dry, clean face. Wait about 10 min between applying BP and Moisturizer.

many people go w/out moisturizer but the benifit of moisturizer is that it'll seal it all in and with SPF it adds protection as well. I'd definately give it another try.

I've been using bp for about 6 weeks.. face is 95% clear, it's just red and burns from the moisturizer. I can't skip it though, my face will get too dry.

I use a full finger at night.. it's been keeping me clear.

Hey Swain,

don't know if this will help or not - but I used to have the same problem. The issue? SPF in moisturizer. Burns the hell out of my face - I get red and it will even cause my eyes to burn (and no, I was not getting it in my eyes, thank you).

I usually do okay on my body but even then - I've had a few serious reactions to SPF (as in emergency room visits for chemical reactions). I would not recommend avoiding SPF unless you know for sure that is your problem. So look at your moisturizers and see if there are any potential "linking" ingredients even if it's not SPF.

Also, you aren't using some kind of buffing contraption are you? Or rubbing your skin hard? That won't help at all except cause further irritation. If nothing else, let the BP go for a bit and see what happens when you use a moisturizer then. It could possibly be the bp.

Good luck!

I agree with lookingtobeclear, it could be the SPF... However if it isn't, I read somewhere recently that if you put your moisturizer in the fridge, it fixes the problem. It was like... Dr. BOB or something. Let me go and try and find the link!

I'm using Cetaphil moisturizer with SPF. It makes my face shiny, and my face gets red.

I will try storing it in the fridge, and see how it goes smile.gif