Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
98nayah

Almost clear but not completely (tiny bumps)-pics

Up until this June I had, to simply put it, great looking skin. My face was smooth as a baby’s bottom, albeit an occasional pimple and blackheads around the nose. I’m 20 and I only started using a skincare regimen about a year ago. Until then, I only washed my face with water and slathered on some Clinique dramatically moisturizing lotion afterwards. A year ago, I decided I wanted to be a big girl and try some cleansers. My routine was simple.

Morning: Clean & Clear Morning Burst Cleanser followed by Clinique’s Lotion

Night: Neutrogena’s Deep Clean Relaxing Nightly Cleanser followed by Clinique’s Lotion

However, around June, I decided I wanted to be brave and give myself the luxury of using department store brands. I tried Shiseido White Lucent Cleansing foam, Biotherm cleanser, and Laneige’s Pore Clean Cleanser, and Laneige's Strawberry Yogurt Peel. All the while I was trying out new products, I was actually on a vacation trip to Korea. It was then when I started noticing these microscopic bumps scattered everywhere on my face. It worsened by becoming slightly puffed up, but now it’s back to these bumps. I was devastated. I started exfoliating but nothing was happening. I’ve tried LUSH masks, facial steams, and all sorts of products. I’ve lost the smoothness to my skin. Although the bumps are only visible in direct sunlight, I can still see them in the mirror and am dying to get rid of them. My face has become sensitive and oily and prone to redness.

My routine now is:

Morning: Soap and Glory Clean Mary followed by Clinique’s Gel Lotion

Night: Clean & Clear’s Daily Pore Cleanser followed by Clinique’s Gel Lotion

My skin tends to be sensitive to salicylic acid and any other harsh chemicals. Has anyone else had experience with this? What is it exactly? I did a lot of research. I think its clogged pores but nothing comes out when I squeeze it.

Please HELP!

(The picture of my cheek: Where the lighting hits my cheek is where you can see some bumps. The parts of my cheek that aren't exposed to the light as much still have bumps. I have this everywhere on my cheeks, forehead, jawline and under the eyes)

(The picture of my mouth region. Those I know are whiteheads. The bumps elsewhere are not like that)

post-137389-1283886052_thumb.jpg

post-137389-1283886212_thumb.jpg

post-137389-1283886052_thumb.jpg

post-137389-1283886212_thumb.jpg

Edited by 98nayah

I do have something similar to your first photo on my face which I know is caused by yeast folliculitis. The second photo, however, I'm not sure if I have that =/

Does the area ever itch, sting, or get flaky?

And to the above poster: No, antibiotics make it worse.

Edited by CheyCheyenne

if i do what you do in the second picture i have those little clogged pored on my chin too, but not above the lip. they're clogged pores.

1. you said you tried all those department store products. one or more of those products is clogging up your pores in my opinion

2. it could be the change in environment from being in korea. this i doubt but still a possibility

i suggest going back to your original routine and see if your skin will clear

You said you were experimenting with alot of different skincare stuff during this time which leads me to believe you could be experiencing acne cosmetica. It's a very mild form of acne and usually looks like little flesh colored bumps/little grains under the skin. Make sure all facial products you use are non comedogenic. ALWAYS check the ingredients. There are many helpful sites that list the ingredients to avoid. I find zerozits to be very helpul :).

CheyCheyenne: How do you treat yeast folliculitis?

Michellica: I think you're right. It might be acne cosmetica. I don't wear any makeup...but after that time when I was experimenting with all those different products, my face has become super sensitive. Do you think exfoliation would help? I'm using Clean and Clear Daily Pore Cleanser...and it has like micro scrubbing beads in them. I was in the mindset that exfoliation might help make it go away..but I've been using it a couple of weeks and nothing's really changed.

Gahh it's kind of frustrating. I know I shouldn't be complaining compared to others who might be in more dire situations than I'm in. But, I feel like it's one of those things that are less treatable than just plain acne because it's midway.

It can be caused by cleansers and moisturizers too... pretty much anything you put on your face. It sucks, I have be so careful what I use. I research like crazy before putting anything on my face.

The best thing I've ever done for my skin is to see a dermatologist or my regular doctor. If you don't have money for that though, I would suggest trying to use as little on my face as possible(you don't want to irritate it). I have heard that salicylic acid can help, but your sensitvie to that. Try looking at makeupalley.com. They have ratings on like every beauty product there is and even some skincare ideas on their boards.

Btw, I have also heard that acne cosmetica can be cured just by stopping use of the product that could be causing it. I don't know if that always works though.

For yeast folliculitis, probably an antifungal topical like Nizoral, tea tree oil, or oregano oil. I'm not sure if exfoliation would help...if you're going to exfoliate just use sea salt or something so you don't aggravate your skin anymore. I agree that you should probably take a break from your products. The first picture really does look like yeast because of the way the light reflects off of it but I'm not really 100% sure. A common place that I seem to get a lot of these bumps (or where it was most noticeable to me at first) was along my hairline. If you don't mind blowing a couple bucks, maybe try the tea tree oil as it works to kill bacteria also (kill 2 birds with one stone) so it won't be a waste. You will have to water it down though especially if you have sensitive skin.

if you pick them does anything come out?

No. I've tried and nothing comes out (the onces on my cheeks and forehead). They seem more like extremely tiny flesh colored bumps. And, there's so many of them, which leads me to believe that it's either acne caused by the different products I used during the summer or yeast. I feel like they look a lot worse when it's warmer or more humid outside. Though, I do think some turn into white heads?

Hey I went to the dermatologist today and she insisted mine wasn't yeast. It's odd because I know some of it is acne but she disreguarded the whole idea of any of it being fungus. Although this is why I've learned to not really trust western medicine anymore...plus my appointment lasted a total of about 5 minutes. It makes no sense because I started getting these little bumps less than 2 weeks ago and they spread from my face to my neck to my chest and back within a matter of days. Mine also would turn into whiteheads when they were the only thing on my face. Now I definitely have more acne but I'm not sold on the idea of these little bumps being caused by acne. I wish I had a nice camera so I could take a picture of my forehead. I've had these bumps for a year or so even when I was clear. It makes no sense that they would be acne since I never broke out in the areas where I have the bumps a couple years ago. I remember when I just realized that they had popped up and I was like "uhh...that looks like some kinda disease"

Hey I went to the dermatologist today and she insisted mine wasn't yeast. It's odd because I know some of it is acne but she disreguarded the whole idea of any of it being fungus. Although this is why I've learned to not really trust western medicine anymore...plus my appointment lasted a total of about 5 minutes. It makes no sense because I started getting these little bumps less than 2 weeks ago and they spread from my face to my neck to my chest and back within a matter of days. Mine also would turn into whiteheads when they were the only thing on my face. Now I definitely have more acne but I'm not sold on the idea of these little bumps being caused by acne. I wish I had a nice camera so I could take a picture of my forehead. I've had these bumps for a year or so even when I was clear. It makes no sense that they would be acne since I never broke out in the areas where I have the bumps a couple years ago. I remember when I just realized that they had popped up and I was like "uhh...that looks like some kinda disease"

When I diagnosed myself 3 years ago with fungal folliculitis, I made an appointment with my derm to double check it. But, being impatient, I tired out the Nizoral before I even went, and it cleared me up almost completely before my app. So i walk in there with my clear forehead and tell her I have fungal fol. and not acne. She just outright dismissed it. Then I said "umm, look at my forehead." Only then did she believe me. :rolleyes: She was really apologetic after that though so I wasn't too miffed. She said she never even considered fol. because some of my bumps had whiteheads. Just makes you realize how fallible even experts are.

Up until this June I had, to simply put it, great looking skin. My face was smooth as a baby’s bottom, albeit an occasional pimple and blackheads around the nose. I’m 20 and I only started using a skincare regimen about a year ago. Until then, I only washed my face with water and slathered on some Clinique dramatically moisturizing lotion afterwards. A year ago, I decided I wanted to be a big girl and try some cleansers. My routine was simple.

Morning: Clean & Clear Morning Burst Cleanser followed by Clinique’s Lotion

Night: Neutrogena’s Deep Clean Relaxing Nightly Cleanser followed by Clinique’s Lotion

However, around June, I decided I wanted to be brave and give myself the luxury of using department store brands. I tried Shiseido White Lucent Cleansing foam, Biotherm cleanser, and Laneige’s Pore Clean Cleanser, and Laneige's Strawberry Yogurt Peel. All the while I was trying out new products, I was actually on a vacation trip to Korea. It was then when I started noticing these microscopic bumps scattered everywhere on my face. It worsened by becoming slightly puffed up, but now it’s back to these bumps. I was devastated. I started exfoliating but nothing was happening. I’ve tried LUSH masks, facial steams, and all sorts of products. I’ve lost the smoothness to my skin. Although the bumps are only visible in direct sunlight, I can still see them in the mirror and am dying to get rid of them. My face has become sensitive and oily and prone to redness.

My routine now is:

Morning: Soap and Glory Clean Mary followed by Clinique’s Gel Lotion

Night: Clean & Clear’s Daily Pore Cleanser followed by Clinique’s Gel Lotion

My skin tends to be sensitive to salicylic acid and any other harsh chemicals. Has anyone else had experience with this? What is it exactly? I did a lot of research. I think its clogged pores but nothing comes out when I squeeze it.

Please HELP!

(The picture of my cheek: Where the lighting hits my cheek is where you can see some bumps. The parts of my cheek that aren't exposed to the light as much still have bumps. I have this everywhere on my cheeks, forehead, jawline and under the eyes)

(The picture of my mouth region. Those I know are whiteheads. The bumps elsewhere are not like that)

I have them too. I got rid if my whiteheads and cystic acne, but I still have these little suckers, espcecially on my cheek area. I'm taking probiotics to see if it helps, I'll keep ya posted :)

When I diagnosed myself 3 years ago with fungal folliculitis, I made an appointment with my derm to double check it. But, being impatient, I tired out the Nizoral before I even went, and it cleared me up almost completely before my app. So i walk in there with my clear forehead and tell her I have fungal fol. and not acne. She just outright dismissed it. Then I said "umm, look at my forehead." Only then did she believe me. :rolleyes: She was really apologetic after that though so I wasn't too miffed. She said she never even considered fol. because some of my bumps had whiteheads. Just makes you realize how fallible even experts are.

I feel like a lot of acne and pseudo-acne skin problems are so hard to distinguish from one another! I do kind of feel like mine might be folliculitis. I mean, the bumps aren't as visible unless my face becomes oily/sweaty and the light reflects off and then magnifies the little bumps on my face. I think I might give Nizoral a try. Because...this definitely isn't cystic acne or anything. Although, like Cheyenne has said, some do turn into whiteheads..which one or two will occiasionally turn into a mild cyst. I'm hoping as the weather cools down, my face will get a little better since I'm not sweating all the time.

Thanks for all the tips!!! I'll try to keep you guys updated as well.

I have those little bumps on my chin too. For as long as I remember, they've never gone away. They don't seem to be blackheads or whiteheads, but when I squeeze a tiny amount of white stuff comes out. I can only see them when I make that face like you did in the second picture. Nothing I've done makes them go away - I've tried drying my face out, making it oily, a million different products, nothing. I mean, I don't focus on that problem since I can't see it that well. I still get blackheads on my chin, so that's my main problem. If anyone has a good solution to this I'd love it. Thanks!