Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kento

It's not about acne anymore..

I'm curious: how's your skin texture like?

I dont have nice skin (bad gene). But after all these years of picking, after tons of crappy topicals I have put on my face to treat acne (BP,SA,retinoid,harsh cleanser...) my WHOLE face have been entirely ruined. My skin is hurt. It's not acne that bothers me anymore. I'm SO used to have some zits, blackheads and many close comedones everyday in my life. But it's my skin texture that make me wanna kill myself. I have never seen a person with skin like me, except for the severely scarred people ( :( ) Even middle-aged men I have met on trains have better skin than me.. seriously..I dont even know whats the point of fighting acne so hard to get clear because of my whole face is already screwed. Darn it.

Having a scarred face or bad skin texture is the real torture. Dont let that happen before it's too late..

Edited by Kento

I'm curious: how's your skin texture like?

I dont have nice skin (bad gene). But after all these years of picking, after tons of crappy topicals I have put on my face to treat acne (BP,SA,retinoid,harsh cleanser...) my WHOLE face have been entirely ruined. My skin is hurt. It's not acne that bothers me anymore. I'm SO used to have some zits, blackheads and many close comedones everyday in my life. But it's my skin texture that make me wanna kill myself. I have never seen a person with skin like me, except for the severely scarred people ( :( ) Even middle-aged men I have met on trains have better skin than me.. seriously..I dont even know whats the point of fighting acne so hard to get clear because of my whole face is already screwed. Darn it.

Having a scarred face or bad skin texture is the real torture. Dont let that happen before it's too late..

I understand what you're saying. I would rather have horrible acne again than this poor skin texture with scars. I wish I could start over again. But the truth is, I can't.. and it sucks. But please put a smile on... because there is hope. There's peels, TCA Cross, needling, dermarolling, etc with good success. I'm going to start all of this soon. Hopefully I can help people like you :) I don't know what else to say but keep positive and God bless!

I am completely understand. I have horrible skin texture all over my face. Years of picking, products and other crap just made my skin a nightmare for me. I also have rosacea. :(

I have cysts at my chin. LOTS of blackheads at my forehead, cheek, and the most at my nose. Have extremely oily skin. It quite a bad sight too. Sometimes i wonder how others(my friends/family) can cope with that look of me.

Singapore is a warm country which means the chances of sebum production rate should be higher. But whe i walked on streets and in school, i can hardly see anyone with oily skin. And that probably the reason why some people think im "abnormal".

Although im born with oily skin, my skin was cleared(except for blackheads of nose) for years, den i used the wrong product and my skin was screwed up. personally i think it would not return to how it used to be. And i would regret that decision of me when i used the product.

Funny I was just thinking this same thing about my skin today. I always look back on those photos that I took when I was clear back sophomore year and before. I never really thought about it but even when I am clear...I have so much scarring and discoloration that it won't even matter. I'll have to pile on a bunch of makeup just to get an even skin tone. I can't even hide my acne now with makeup because it only makes it worse. Going to the dermatologist and using prescription topicals and antibiotics has ruined my life and took a huge chunk out of my high school experience. If only I had never went I wouldn't even have scarring...I actually almost wish I was that kid who died after taking minocycline for the first time because my life ended with the first antibiotic pill I popped.

But whe i walked on streets and in school, i can hardly see anyone with oily skin. And that probably the reason why some people think im "abnormal".

OILY SKIN IS THE WORST. cant even put make up on coz it wont stay!!!

But you stayed clear which is great! what are you using btw, your regimen?

CheyCheyenne: I hate antibiotics. Do nothing but ruin my body.

But my life ended earlier. The time when I hit puberty.

I used to be concerned about my skin texture but over time it has largely fixed itself.

I know this sounds cheesy, but scars are like visible stories of someones life. I don't mind them.