Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThatAznKid

Foods to pick up at the store that are good for acne?

Anti-inflammatory foods?

Garlic, turmeric, ginger, spices such as oregano, thyme, rosemary, dill, mint

Any omega-3 rich seafood (check canned wild-caught sardines, salmon)

Kefir is not anti-inflammatory.

When it comes to getting clear it's likely less about what you aren't eating (unless you eat zero fruits and veggies) but rather what you are eating that you shouldn't be.

Greens of all kinds, onions, garlic, sweet potatoes, broccoli, berries, kiwi and high omega 3 fatty fish like wild salmon, sardines, herring/kippers, trout (U.S. farmed trout is fine), small species of mackerel i.e. the kind they put in cans. Pumpkin or sunflower seeds.

Unsweetened coconut for pancake and breads. See the food and recipe thread.

Onions, garlic, kiwi and sweet potatoes don't have to be organic, btw. Unless you want to encourage the reduction of pesticide use by buying everything organic. Never buy farmed or 'Atlantic Salmon.' Canned salmon is fine so long as it is wild caught.

All kinds of plant spices, herbs and teas.

Edited by alternativista

I forgot to mention tomatoes for the lycopene which is anti-androgen and protects your skin from sun damage while you are getting your vitamin D and bright light exposure. Fresh (but to be cooked) or in a glass jarred tomato sauce with few additives. Limit your use of canned tomatoes and if you must, buy whole tomatoes. More info: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2574328

I buy a sauce from Costco that, other than the inexplicable use of soybean oil rather than olive, doesn't contain anything I wouldn't put in a sauce. Then I dilute it with boiling water and throw in some spinach for a soup. Sometimes I add a little parmesan, sometimes a teaspoon of yogurt to make a cream of tomato soup. Another thing to do with it is to grill 1/2" thick slices of eggplant or summer squash then top with sauce, layer like lasagna (with greens of course), treat like a pizza crust, etc. Maybe have with eggs, but I prefer to cut a fresh tomato in half and put face down in the pan while I'm cooking my eggs.

Edited by alternativista