Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
simon17777

My regimen has cleared me.

Hi everyone,

I want to share with you guys about my regimen. It has worked wonderful for me in the past weeks.

Let me start out with my acne condition. I used to get lots of cystic acne and white head every week. Usually I’ll get them above my eyebrows, the chin, and on both cheeks. I have tried so many different products and so many different regimens on this board, but none of them has work for me. Some of these products or regimens would either cause me to breakout badly or they are too harsh and dry out my skin.

I was frustrated so I did a little more research online. I went to drugstore and epinions to check out certain product’s review. After reading a while, I decided to try the following products and they have worked wonderful for my skin ever since.

Here are the products I’m currently using: Liquid Neutrogena Fragrance-Free, Stridex Maximum Strength Alcohol-Free Acne Pads, and Stridex Essential Care Alcohol-Free Acne Pads.

Here is what I do:

Morning:

1. Wash face with Liquid Neutrogena.

2. Then wipe my face with Stridex Maximum Strength Alcohol-Free Acne Pads.

3. Apply Moisturizer/Sunscreen. (I’m using Eucerin Renewal Lotion.)

Night:

1. Wash face with Liquid Neutrogena again.

2. Then wipe my face with Stridex Essential Care Alcohol-Free Acne Pads.

3. Apply Moisturizer. (I use Eucerin Renewal at night also.)

People with bad moderate acne might need to use the Stridex Maximum Strength both morning and night.

The reason I use Stridex Essential Care Alcohol-Free Acne Pads at night because it contains only 1% of salicylic acid. I want to give my skin a little break at night, plus the Essential Care acne pads also contains vitamins A, C, E which is good for healing my skin at night.

I have tried many cleansers with salicylic acid before but they did not work. I think once you rinse your face with water, only a little amount of salicylic acid is left on your face and this is not effective in terms of exfoliation. The acne pads work much better since they leave a large amount of salicylic acid inside your pores to unclog the oil sebum.

The Liquid Neutrogena is a mild cleanser. It cleans very well and does not dry out my skin like other cleanser.

I have used Liquid Neutrogena alone before without the Stridex acne pads and it would give me 1 or 2 cystic acne, but Stridex has really stopped all the cystic acne from surfacing. Stridex is my life-saver. I use Stridex right after I wash my face, the pores are open up more after I wash my face and more salycilic acid can get into them to dissolve the sebum. If you want to save money, I suggest you to go to Costco and buy 3 bottles of Liquid Neutrogena.

I don’t get any big, red and painful cystic acne anymore ever since I started this regimen. Occasionally though, I’ll get 2 or 3 whiteheads, but they are so much easier to take care of than cystic. It seems like if I eat a chocolate bar or drink a soda then I will get some whiteheads the next day. So I will try to stop all chocolate and sodas intakes from now on.

The only problems I need to deal with now are the red marks and scars from the past breakouts. If I have used this regimen 4 years ago, then I won’t have all these red marks and scars now. But I’m happy to find something that can prevent them from now. I will be using TCA acid peel soon to fade the red marks.

If anyone is trying my regimen, I hope it can clear you up too.

Try it early before it’s too late.

Anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

I am surprised to see that so many people get cleared with these over the counter medicines. None of these products ever clear me. I will try it all again though. I will make a run to the Walmart and get everthing you listed above. Wish me luck!!!

Hi FredZepplin,

Ever since I started using Stridex acne pads, I don't get anymore cystic acne. Stridex is an amazing product.

Do not try any other acne pads besides Stridex, all of the other brands have some alcohol in their pads, as much as 50%, and alcohol will damage your skin in the long run.

If you do have many cystic acnes now, start out by using Stridex Maximum Strength both morning and night. Then after you are clear, use Stridex Maximum Strength in the morning and Stridex Essential Care at night.

Good luck in trying out my regimen, and remember to post your result for our fellow acne sufferers.

Week 2

It's been almost 2 weeks now and I still do not get any cystic. Although I did get 2 whiteheads today, one is near my bottom lip, and one is close to the right corner of my mouth.

I did not use Stridex on that area, maybe that is how these 2 whiteheads got there.

I ordered a jar of Active Manuka Honey, it's suppose to fades the red marks and eliminates bacteria.

Well, I will try it out for 3 days and post back the result.

Thanks a lot for posting your regimen, I found it really helpful.

I've been recently pondering over getting some type of cleansing pad as I tried Oxy pads a looooooong time ago (back when I was in the first days of battle with acne) and I couldn't remember how well they worked.

Oh well, I'm definitely running out to get the stridex maximum strength. Then I'm going to start over with a whole new regimen I've been thinking about for a while (a combo of SA and BP). I think this will be the last product to clinch it. I'll post and let you know how everything goes.

Hi Meb,

I think a combo of SA and BP might be a bit too harsh on the skin. I recommend you to only use the BP as a spot treatment.

Week 2

I got 1 pimple on my nose this week.

Last night I did a 50% lactic acid and applied aloe vera gel afterward. And this morning I woke up with a bad breakout. About 6 pimples, mostly on the chin.

I tried Active Manuka Honey UMF UMF 20+ for the past 4 days. It was a big disappoinment. The manuka honey didn't do anything. It did not fade the red marks, it's very sticky and so uncomfortable to sleep with at night. Too bad I cannot return the manuka back to the seller.

So instead, I mixed it with hot water and take it internally.

Week 3

I got 2 new pimples around my mouth.

I have modified my regimen a little:

Now in the morning:

Wash face with Liquid Neutrogena

Wipe Stridex Maximum Stregth on the face

Apply Neutrogena on the spot Tinted Formula

Apply Eucerin Renewal AHA Lotion

At night:

Wash face with Liquid Neutrogena

Apply Neutrogena on the spot Tinted Formula

Apply Eucerin Renewal AHA Lotion

For some reasons, Stridex Essential Care pads broke me put.

After using lactic acid peel 50% for a month, I don't feel the intense stinging anymore. It felt as almost nothing now. The lactic acid did not hurt my face as badly as the first time.