Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bobbyhall

Starting Roaccutane In a few days! Il keep you all posted. Talk to me!!

Starting a course of Roaccutane on Tuesday. I don't get major acne, Its just due to my very oily skin that I do get consistence spots and haven't had a clear face for a long long long time! Ive herd and read Its very good for oily skin and me and my doctor thinks that the reason for my acne/spots.

Il keep you all posted!!

Xx

Got my prescription today. There going to start me on 40 mgs per day. Like I said In my first post - I don't get bad acne as such, just consistent that I cant do nothing about It!

Il probably post again a week Into the course as Im getting the tablets 2moro.

Be nice If people posted with similar troubles and who are or thinking about starting Roaccuatane

Xx

It worked for me, again I dont have severe acne, but everything I've tried in the past hasn't worked and the GP finally referred me to a dermatologist who prescribed me 20mg a day for six months.

Mindful of its harsh side effects, I only actually took the tablets every other day and it cleared me up completely within a few weeks and I was fortunate enough to have no side effects.

I finished over a year ago and sadly my acne has come back, hoping to go back on it soon.

Good luck dude.

Thanks for posting dude. I got my tablets today so going to start 2moro morning. I'm on 40mg a day but I am tall and weight 14st :)

I think just stopping my oily skin would be a start, I'm sure that's why my spots/acne Is so consistent.

IL keep you posted.

Xx

I started my first course 7 days ago, to the day. :)

In my opinion... Get lip ointment ASAP.

My lips started drying within 4 days. Also expect extreme tiredness.

Good luck with your course. I shall be stalking. ;)

Thanks for your post!

What dose are you on? And how bad Is your Acne/spots?

Mum has got me some pretty decent lip stuff from her work (nurse) (y)

And has It started doing the job yet?

IL keep you posted!

Xx

Ok took my 4th lot this morning.

My face Is pretty much clear apart from one but, I dont think this Is down to Roaccutane rather, Jus having a pretty good few days I recon.

Less oily skin which Is fantastic!

Face Is starting to get drying and so Is my lips so Ive started with the lip balm stuff 2day.

Other than that, no side affects yet :D

Keep you all posted!!

Xx

First week Is over and as things are going. This drug Is defiantly the one!!!!

The battle with dry lips have picked up a notch over the last few days.

I'm winning the dry skin battle with one batch of moisturizer In the morning which lasts the day!

Skin Is 95% clear, couple red marks but nothing to notice really.

Face Is a bit redder after the moisturizer for a few hours.

All In all Its going very well.

Buzzin!!!

Xx

First week Is over and as things are going. This drug Is defiantly the one!!!!

The battle with dry lips have picked up a notch over the last few days.

I'm winning the dry skin battle with one batch of moisturizer In the morning which lasts the day!

Skin Is 95% clear, couple red marks but nothing to notice really.

Face Is a bit redder after the moisturizer for a few hours.

All In all Its going very well.

Buzzin!!!

Xx

Hi Bobbyhall

Your condition sounds EXACTLY like mine. Lots of oil few generally minor spots. See johnnyboys log.

20mg of the tane started end of Aug and going very well!! Usual side effects, dryness, sore lips..but apart from that everything is good.

Best of luck with your course

So.......

Been on It for just over 3 weeks.

All WAS going well untill this past week, Ive been breaking out a couple times on my face, and cant seem to stop It atm. Im well pished off with It!!

Hopefully they will go away soon, I no this drugs Is supposed to take a while to work but It was all going so well :confused:

My face has not been oily since I started taking It which Is good, Im winning the battle with the dry lips :dance:

How ever, very upset and anoyed about these latest spots man!!

Talk to me!!

Xx

dont stress brother the SAME bullshit happened to me haha. im on 40mg with mild-moderate acne.

today is....day 23 for me so just over 3 weeks as well. i got alot clearer by week 2 and then started breaking out again. just stay strong thats all we can do. trust me bro it sucks but think about it this way. 2-6 months (depending on who you are) of bullshit for hopefully a life of being pretty damn close to 100% clear if not completely clear.

to me its worth putting up with all this stuff cause nothing else has worked for me....so i'll keep on truckin till this is over, its bound to start getting better before we know it!

keep your head up bud alot more people deal with acne in this world then you know...you're deffinately not alone.

ill be keeping up with your log check mine out should you want to!

honestly theres no way of telling bro.

MOST people it lasts around 1-3 weeks.

me it was about a week and a half.

but then theirs people like xXKell3Xx (she has an accutane log) whos IB lasted 2 months on her first course. its all how you react to the medicine.

in all honesty i wouldnt expect it to last more then a couple weeks though, then you'll go back to your normal breakout speed.

Ok dude thanks for keeping In touch like.

I wanna like this drug but I hate the pissin thing atm.

This IB better slow down soon!

How you gettin on with It anyway?

Xx

Good luck with your course Bro & remember everones different when it comes to accutane.Im in my 4th month & dident see any good results till i was well into my 2nd month.

Keep you head up it will get worse before it gets better

hey just wanted to wish you all the best with your course.

i'm with onelittleone on this.. you have to just ride the tane wave. i had a horrendous IB... things are much better now i'm almost in the middle of month three.

hang in there!

j x

Thanks for the comments dude's!

Its been calm-ish for a day or 2 but red marks from previous ones are still there which Is anoying as a fart In a space suit.

Im expecting It to get worse and worse, god knows how Im going to cope going to college and work all week!

Xx

Yoooo!!

Its been just over a month of 30mg a day of this "amazing" bit of gear

Ummm IB Is still breaking out, cant really seem to stop or slow It down.

I got a habit of popping white heads tho so I guess I make it worse on that case.

Lips have become more dry over the last few days, dry face is fine, body aches sometimes but i can put up with that!

Ive seen other logs on here and I can see alot of people are alot worse than me, but it still makes me so upset and angry hmmm...

Im hoping the derm who i will see next month will boost my dosage up :D

P.S Anyone no something that works for white heads, hate them so go damn much!

Xx

For the white heads i know what u mean i have had a lot and as soon as i get ride of one a few more seem to poop up.

But what seems to ahve helped me is using a a warm water + facial cleanser regimen.

I spend maybe 1-3 min splashing my face with farm water (something this makes them come out them selves and at the very least helps for them to come out sooner) Then a grab some cleanser and gently massage it into my acne so it scrubs away some of the old skin and sometimes pushes away the white heads. Then rinse with warm water again for 1-3 min and pat dry. by the end of that a couple of them usually are gone.

Thanks for replying dude, i will try that!

My sister said when she was young, she used to use warm water then straight after use cold water to so called "open clean and close" the pores.

God noes, all i know is this best work by the end of the coure. I got no time for ruining a lot of months like!

Xx

ya thats what it does warm water open up pores and any water really (over a period of time) soften the skins and therefor the whiteheads would likely open easier. Hope it helps

Just an update on the sitation dudes....

Bin about 1 month and 1 1/2 weeks.

I think i may still be in the initial breakout but i think its slowly slowing down (touch wood)

Lips are still dry so too is my face.

As far as spots are concerned Ive got like 3 that are on there way out so not so worried. red marks under and around my bottom lip is still there which is a nause, that's my most prone area for spots.

Anyway....

I don't each hardly any dairy and don't drink ANY milk at all, i no dairy makes it worse, but for me, milk is a bitch for spots.

I don't drink alcohol much anymore, not because of spots but i just don't like being drunk, sounds weird i no lol

Is there anything i can do to help with redness from pervious spots?

Also, i no its different for everyone but when does the IB sposed to slow down/STOP!?

Xx