Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manonfire

1 month , no improvement. :(

Well , I'd say the Benzoyl helped my acne about 30% but I've hit a month today and it's worse than it was at the start. My face is bright red and looks to be getting worse , it's sore , the dry skin is terrible and it's just pissing me off to the point I want to stop using it.

My face is amazingly red. I started with a small amount the first week and have gradually moved up to the full amount. I'm using panoxyl. I can't afford to use Dan's , I'm also using euricin ten minutes after I apply the benzoyl both times twice a day.

My acne was moderate and I've seen peoples acne on here that is worse get better much faster , I'm just wondering if this is going to work for me or not now. It's actually really hurting my face but I keep applying it not wanting the last month to be a waste.

If I stop using it for more than a day ( which I tried once ) I break out badly now , so that's another thing that's making me want to not stop using it too.

I'm not sure what to do , is it gauranteed that my skin will get used to benzoyl peroxide ?.

It feels to me as though it never will , and the redness seems to be getting worse and more sore everyday to me. I keep thinking the spots are going but it's usually dry skin blocking them , then when it comes off the spots are still there.

:confused:

Shall I carry on or not ?.

I'm really dissapointed at the minute since I'd seen cases much worse than my own cleared up by benzoyl or at least were improved within a month.

I'm using it 10am every morning and 10pm every night with the moisturiser straight after so I think I'm doing everything right. :think:

Any help or advice ?.

Edited by Manonfire

can you switch to a weaker strength? i personally hated the stuff it distroyed my skin

If you mean the actual cream , it's only 2.5%.

If you mean drop down to a smaller amount , I suppose I could but then I wouldn't be using the full amount right ?.

If it didn't work then I'd blame it on myself lol. It is nasty stuff , I hate the way it dries.

When you say it destroyed you're skin , I take it you stopped using it then ?.

Does anybody on this forum use Panoxyl twice a day , I'm wondering if it may be to strong to use that often and Dan's might not be as harsh so the skin can handle it easier.

Edited by Manonfire

Yep I hated it too/wish I would have never gotten suckered into using it. Getting close to two years now since I used BP last and I am almost free. Yet, if you can still believe it, I still get patches of dry skin. Curse you BP!

Edited by floatingrhythm

Yep I hated it too/wish I would have never gotten suckered into using it. Getting close to two years now since I used BP and I am almost free. Yet if you can still believe it, I still get patches of dry skin. Curse you BP!

So you're still using Panoxyl then ?. Or are you using Dan's bp now ?.

Two years !. Yikes , I think I'd of given up by now if my skin wasn't clear lol.

I have never seen a dermatologist and was going to but decided to give this a try first. I'm going to carry on I suppose for a few months and see what happens.

With the way my face looks though I wont be going out much. :confused:

Heck nooo.. Only using water for my face and natural/simple soap for my chin. I get better results out of this, something that doesn't even stay on your skin long, than BP any day of the week.

Heck nooo.. Only using water for my face and natural/simple soap for my chin. I get better results out of this, something that doesn't even stay on your skin long, than BP any day of the week.

Ah right. I use simple soap lol !.

So how long did you give the BP before you gave it up , did it work at all ?.

Thanks for the replys.

Used it for around 8 months until I freaked out at how many people I noticed on here being hooked on it forever, so I decided to deal with some zits that improved over time than be a slave to BP. Also, after I stopped it was a lot worse than the condition I started with - it is why I wish I would have never done it.

PS DO NOT PUT IT ON AREAS OF YOUR FACE WHERE YOU ARE NOT PRONE TO BREAKOUTS!!! I don't advice using it, but if you decide to continue don't put it on those parts.

Edited by floatingrhythm

I think I'm going to give it the three months at twice a day , only two months left , then if it hasn't had any effect I'll cut down to once a day until I find something else to try.

I've been reading the redness stays on some peoples faces too which is freaking me out because my face is red raw !.

Thanks for all the help mate.

Use it once a day and use just a little amount of it. If you still get irritated (you should know and feel this), stop for one to two days and then try it again. And if still, you're getting irritated, try use the panoxyl wash with BP. Its washable so it shouldn't harm you that much.

I've been using BP for 2 weeks now and I think its helping me. I'm using it once a day, every night, with a little amount, on the AFFECTED/PRONE TO PIMPLE AREAS. And the redness, its not really that bad.