Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive been on Accutane for .. 3 months now. And my acne hasnt gotten at all better, actually it has gotten quite worse than it ever was. Is this normal? I was hoping Accutane was going to be my miracle drug, but now I'm feeling let down, should I stay on it? I used to get acne on my back, face and chest, now im getting some cysts (which i rarely got) on my lower back. Im scared, what is accutane doing to me?

Don't be scared. I think your dosage might be too high. I know of someone who got clear using 10mg a day for 4 months. I've been on Accutane for a week now, 40 mg a day, and i weigh 160lbs and I'm starting to see dryness and some sideeffects. I think this will be a nice dose for me. It's also possible that your dosage might not be high enough. It says that you can use dosages up to 2mg/kg/day. 130 pounds is around 65 kgs I believe, so in theory you could be on 120mg+/day. What kind of sideeffects are you noticing?