Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Karly32

Moisturizers for acneic skin

Hello guys I've been on the regimen for a little over a month and my skin has become quite dry and flaky from the benzoyl peroxide 2.5%, especially on my cheeks.

I hear lots of complaints about Dan's moisturizer, so I was wondering what is a good moisturizer to use?

Correct me if I'm wrong here: it's supposed to be oil free, non comodegenic, and gentle? I don't want it to be too greasy or leave oily streaks on my face--just to hydrate my skin!

What are some brands I can pick up at my local drugstore?

PS. many of the moisturizers I see on the counter of the drugstore say "won't clog pores", however they contain Isopropyl Palmatate, which I hear is highly comodogenic. Why is this? Is it because the amount is very little?

Help! I want to find a nice moisturizer to get rid of these darn flakes and dryness.

Correct me if I'm wrong here: it's supposed to be oil free, non comodegenic, and gentle? I don't want it to be too greasy or leave oily streaks on my face--just to hydrate my skin!
I don't think it needs to be oil free.

Pretty sure it doesn't, in fact, since Dan's contains jojoba oil.

I've seen some people here talk about using pure jojoba oil as a moisturizer, maybe you might want to consider looking into that.

You can buy it from the acne.org website, or at some higher end cosmetics vendors and health stores.

^ jojoba oil is a wax not an oil.
A substance can be both a wax and an oil.

*edit*

Well, not really, but when it comes to differentiating between lipids, things get kind of iffy; some "waxes" are commonly liquid at room temperatures.

There's nothing inherently worse about oils for your skin than waxes, and I'd actually wager to guess that waxes are more commonly comedogenic than are oils.

Edited by fan.of.devin

Thanks, any other Brand name moisturizer suggestions? I've heard many mixed reviews about Cetaphil... some claim it leaves a greasy film on their face while others say it's super gentle??