Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ceecee101

I finally got accutane

Background info: I'm 17 and I've tried almost everything for my acne, antibiotics, topical treatments, vitamins, iron,zinc and nothing ever works, not even a little bit. So now I'm on my 5th day of taking Claravis 60 mg.I've seen before and after pics and I'm really hoping this works. Wish me luck!!! :think:

Day 5

I can't believe I start school in less than a week, and to make it worse I have to take my yearbook pics... :shock:

Pros: none

Cons: My face is completely red, flaking and burning, and I think my moisturizer made it worse. Anyone know any good moisturizer???

~Staying Hopeful

Day 5

I can't believe I start school in less than a week, and to make it worse I have to take my yearbook pics... :shock:

Pros: none

Cons: My face is completely red, flaking and burning, and I think my moisturizer made it worse. Anyone know any good moisturizer???

~Staying Hopeful

Best of luck with your course! Try cetaphil or ceRave as a moisturiser. 5 days in is early to be flaking badly!!

How much do you weigh if u don't mind me asking? and do u know how long ur course is going to be?

ohhh fellow new york-er!!!!!!!

ya u have a pretty high dose. 60mg was the highest i went on for my first course. and im 118lbs. ur tiny!

cerave lotion or cream for sure.

ya school starts soon for me too. damnit..

You are tiny aren't you! Some people start straight at 80 so don't panic! That must be why the dryness has hit you. Have you got some emu oil or jojoba oil? Emu oil has been my life saver!

1 Week

xphaminex: Thanks and Good luck to you too

X3Kell3X: Go New York!!!!!!....Good luck to you, and yeah going to school with this sucks, so happy I have awesome friends.

Del!: Yeah I am.lol..I have joboba oil, it doesn't work though. Where can I get emu oil?

------

Yay!!!! finally reached a week, although it feels like a year. I'm really wondering if I'm doing something wrong.My face is still flaking,but not as badly anymore. Aquaphor is my new bestfriend, it's amazing :cool: Now my neck is breaking out, and I look like Rudolph the reindeer,my nose is completely red.(although if it was Christmas i'd probably have a job). On a happy side my first blackhead came out today. I was jumping and screaming, everyone was looking at me like I'm crazy.I'm not though, okay maybe a little. :dance:

I'm so excited it's almost Labor Day,looking forward to going to the Carnival. :D

Edited by ceecee101

Hi ceecee! Just wanted to wish you luck. Your dose does seem a bit high, I'm taking 60 mg too and I'm roughly 130 lbs. But like Del said, some people start off at even higher doses so I wouldn't worry.

Keep updating! I'll be checking in!

Amy

Day 8

axtine8: Thank you. Yeah , I think it is pretty high, maybe that's why I got the side effects the day I started taking it.

-------------------

This is going by so slowly, I'm just too excited to think my acne might finally be gone. By the way, Happy almost Labor Day. :dance:

Nothing new has happened. I don't have that many pimples any more, but my face is still red, and it has a lot of red scars and still flaking. Sigh. On the bright side I found the most amazing products. Aquaphor (has been a life saver), Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm (my lips are finally not dry anymore. Yay!!), Eucerin Everyday Protection Lotion, SPF 30 ( It's the best).

~Staying Hopeful

Day 11

My face doesn't have that much pimples, just mainly red scars that don't look like they're fading anytime soon. My neck is clear, so that's great. I still have these two pimples on the side of my nose that hurts like crazy, and my chin has been breaking out like there's no tomorrow. Today I forgot to put sunscreen on today, so my face is pretty irritated.Ouch! On the bright side my face looks a little bit better,I hope that means it's working, but I'm still too scared to think so.

~Staying Hopeful

ya make sure u always where sunscreen outside or makeup with titanium oxide.

also. invest in aloe vera gel. especially for the burn. i never used it on my first course. but i read about it here a couple weeks and ordered it for my next course to help the redness. i got "fruit of the earth" aloe vera gel from amazon. its a HUGE bottle for a good price. i add it in my moisturizer morning and night. it also makes my moisturizer less greasy. its good so far. ill let u know after a week but u should look into it

and my chin has been breaking out like there's no tomorrow. Today I forgot to put sunscreen on today, so my face is pretty irritated.Ouch!

Me to!! And I'm on day 8... :doh:

I think we might be twins.... :wub:

2 Weeks

X3Kell3X:Thanx I'll look it up

OursFan:Thanx

---------------------------

Nothing new really. One day my face looks better, the next day it looks worse. It's just ups and downs right now, which is really frustrating. My lips are like dried raisins, and nothing's helping it.ugh!!!! :doh:

~Staying Hopeful

Edited by ceecee101

Day 16

Nothing new.My face got slightly worse, and red. No new breakouts though. :dance: Now I'm upset because I have to miss 1-3 doses because of the stupid pharmacy..ugh!!! :mad:

~Staying Hopeful

1 Month

Haven't updated in a while. Sorry to anyone who's still keeping up with my log. So yay its officially been a month!!!... I don't have that much pimples anymore, so thats good. My face is still horribly red, and my lips are crazy dry. blah!...Someone told me to try jojoba oil, so im gonna do that. My doctor's appointment is next week, so we'll see how that goes..... :dance:

~Staying Hopeful

@X3Kell3X : I did have an IB...I'm not gonna lie it was horrible, but like they say it just brings everything out from underneath, and it was definitely worth it. If you do get an IB, just keep thinking positive and remember its not gonna last 4eva, its just a stage...Good Luck!!!

Day 38

Went back to my doctor, and she said I made a lot progress, especially since the first month its suppose to get worst but mines got better...Yay :dance:

~Staying Hopeful