Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DTSON

Its all a big sham. OTC Facewashes are BS

Let me just give you a little backround on this accusation: Up until this summer, I had bad acne, but once I start expirmenting with less and less facewash it cleared up almost 100%.

Howd I do it? I said, fuck washing my face, also fuck shaving, I never liked that either, also, never get your face wet. For some reason, once I did this, my skin cleared up in less than a week. I used to just get as much sun as I could but that didnt do anything, for some reason, abandoning what dermatologists and facewash companies were telling me to do seemed to work.

You see, my theory, and an obvious one at that, is that face-wash companies are going to tell you over and over again that you will get acne if you do not wash your face. So naturally, most of us buy into this crap and use their product, which can usually worsen the situation, although most of the time it will improve it for a week or two, before another breakout happens and you decide you need more of the product. Its clever marketing, nothing more.

Now, how is it possible to keep your face from getting dirty without ever getting water on it? The simple answer is, use a wet towel (cold water) and just gently glide over your skin with it. I had 2 different friends tell me this is also how they got rid of their breakouts, so obviously this information needs to find its way to the right people. Now this probably wont work for everyone, those of you with really oily skin probably should wash your face, however Oily skin can be caused as a result from dry skin compensating for moisture loss, you may think you have oily skin, but a lot of the time, its just because your skin got too dry and started compensating. So if you plan on doing this, be sure to test it first, if your skin still remains oily then you just naturally have oily skin, however in my case it was just because it was too dry and once I started not washing it anymore, it was oily no more.

Washing hair, let me tell you, is a major pain in the ass when it comes to doing this. Use cold water, also use the faucet and not the showerhead. Shower as you normally would but do not get your face wet.

It has done wonderful things for me, maybe give it a shot yourself and see what happens.

I never washed my face with anything but water up until I hit 14 (when I started getting mild acne). How does this make sense?

Before when i was still lazy i didn't feel like washing my face.. so i would go without washing for a few days or so and start noticing breakouts.

I've scoffed at the idea of not washing your face, but it would sound like an awesome alternative. Do you think that that kind of approach would have initial break-outs, but eventually lead to results?

When I was like 14 or 15, I thought I was getting acne so I bought BP and SA and all that shit and used it for a few months. Then one day, it got bad so I thought, "ok, it can't get worse than this," so I stopped using everything. I just used Dove and washed up every morning and night.

Cleared me up. That, and drinking 3L of water a day, is what I credit with being clear.

Now this probably wont work for everyone, those of you with really oily skin probably should wash your face,

In my opinion, if you don't strip the oil out of your face through the use of soaps or cleansers, you don't need a moisturizer.

As much as I would like to try this theory...

1. It's not possible to remove makeup with only water.

2. The thought of not washing the dirt, oil, and bacteria off my face... is disgusting!!

Ive gotten great results on the regimen with a gentle cleanser. Im sticking with Dan The Man on this one smile.gif

Well, nobody seems to have an answer in regards to the red splotchy look (and the flaky appearance) from using BP. I just know that when I wake up in the morning, my face is clear and after I wash it lately, with the Cetaphil cleanser, the redness appears. I've not used the BP gel in two days. I'm just looking for all the angles.

If i didnt have acne, why the fuck would i use a face wash ? I only started using shit AFTEr i started getting acne

stupidest post ever

I agree that it's hard to shampoo and keep it away from your skin.  I even tried going without shampoo but that was just too napppy.