Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Victoria

are we all hopeless?

Im beginning to think we are all hopeless. Trying all these things and just ending up intensely dissapointed. I think Im traumitized by the whole process - being perscribed things, getting my hopes up, the perscriptions not working and I get crushed. How many times has that happened to all of us. It really fucking makes me sad.

Im on accutane and for the most part its really great and it makes me happy but then what. Is it going to come back? I would be so incredibly crushed if it came back. So I cant really even enjoy the clearness because Im so paranoid it will come back. After accutane, if the ance decided to return, I have no idea what I would do.

I want my acne gone and I want all of your acne gone.

I dont want to seem like such a downer but are any of us happy with our skin? Truly happy? I think not.

Im on accutane, my skin is looking the best it has in 4 years but I still have plenty to complain about. Even when my skin is clear it doesnt look good.

It all just makes me sick and really fucking angry.

cry.gifcry.gifsad.gifcry.gifcry.gif

LET IT OUT GIRLFRIEND. I FEEL YOUR PAIN. TRUTH IS: WHAT THIS IS A LESSON IN IS ACCEPTANCE. THAT THINGS WILL NEVER BE AS THEY WERE BEFORE BUT WHAT? WE ARE STRONGER FOR THIS. WE APPRECIATE THINGS LIKE OTHERS CAN'T. AND ONE DAY, WHEN WE DO HAVE CLEAR SKIN AGAIN(WHICH HAS TO HAPPEN SOMETIME) WE WILL KNOW AND ENJOY IT ALL THE BETTER. OK, SO THAT'S NO CONSOLATION. TAKE IT FROM ME, I ADMIRE YOU FOR DOING SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR PROBLEM. MY DOCTOR TOLD ME TO TAKE ACCUTANE 3 YEARS AGO AND I STILL REFUSE. I'M JUST SCARED. AND SO, I HAVE 14 VERY PAINFUL CYSTS FROM FUCKIN ORTHOTRICYCLINE RIGHT NOW. AND, MY HIGH SCHOOL FRIEND IS GETTING MARRIED IN 2 DAYS. WTF??!!! SUCH IS LIFE. I CAN'T SAY ANYTHING ELSE. WE MUST KEEP THE FAITH. AND, IF WORSE COMES TO WORSE AND THE PIMPLES COME BACK: YOU HAVE TO KNOW THAT YOU DID EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER. THAT SAYS A LOT smile.gif

YOU'RE BRAVE smile.gif

KEEP THE FAITH.

Hey girls - with my daughter on accutane, I have plenty of mixed emotions. I'm thinking that when she's done, if it comes back (I'm not optimistic enough to think it won't) I'll try her on spironolactone along with a low dose BCP. This is what I wanted to do to begin with but the doctor said " no, just let's see what the orthotricyclen does, it's the one pill that's been proven to help acne, blah blah blah". I think the company just uses that study for an angle to line their pocketbooks. Well, she gave OTC four solid months and it just caused so many problems. I was upset because it was my idea to begin to use the BCP to try and get her off of antibiotics

Guardedly - have you thought about discussing spiro with your doctor? I feel that women should be showing SOME signs of improvement after 3 months even if it's not total clearing. Don't let it get out of hand. Oh, and ALL drugs have side effects and can hurt your body long term IMO. Even the pill. It's very hard on your cardiovascular system. That's why they tell you not to smoke if you take it. Smoking makes it doubly bad. I didn't realize that until my chiropractor told me that. I thought it was hard on your system ONLY if you smoked. Try to be positive for those of us who feel the risks of accutane are worth taking just as the risks of taking the pill can be worth it. Not everyone messes up their bodies and almost everyone clears up on accutane.

Hey Victoria - why do you think your skin doesn't look good when it's clear? Just curious. Most people don't look too good bare faced. Is that what you mean?

is a lot of easy to treat that we think , all cause damn derms.

I suggest you to do a research for clinical trials on www.pubmed.gov

If you are a women the solution is a oral antiandrogen ( flutamide , spironolactone ) If you are a men the solution is accutane or a dht inhibition like propecia .

Too bad that the damns derms keep us loosing money with antibiotic and a lot of crap

You know what I realised?

Fuck acne, who cares....

I was out tonight at a bar and went to the toilet. As with most toilets this one had a mirror and a damn bright white light in it. I looked at my face, which has been ravaged by acne for the last 2+ years and you know what? I just said fuck it.

Yes I have acne, yes my skin has red dots EVERYWHERE but NO i'm not going to let it get the better of me. Fuck it, there are better things in life to worry about.

If you are a women the solution is a oral antiandrogen ( flutamide , spironolactone ).

ahahahha. right.

if anti-androgens worked, or were "THE" solution as u imply, why do you think would there be so many girls around here.

truth is anti-androgen pills like diane are fucking easy to get if you are 16+, and they dont work for like 60% of the girls.

personally i've been on diane 35 since i was 15 (turning 18 this week) and it worked fine - as a contraceptive. as far as my skin is concerned, it did just about nothing.

i gained some weight tho, woo-hoo <_<