Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

Those who are looking for non-whey protein powder!

I'm a vegan and I go to the gym to lift weights. Yes, I am trying to gradually get ripped.

I've been drinking only sprouted brown rice protein and is actually working. The one I buy has 25g protein per 30g of serving ( that's like 3 tbsp ) I think it's around 70's percent of protein whereas whey protein is like 90's+ percent. However, I have pea protein isolate and I am going to start mixing these two powder for better result. I haven't done it because it taste pretty bad.

But the pea protein isolate has like 88 percent of protein! Close to a whey protein isolate!

So look for sprouted brown rice and pea protein isolate and mix them up.

You don't only need whey protein isolate to gain muscles!

Good luck.

PS: I've gained a few pounds on muscles. Yes I know that whey protein isolate gives better result.

But pea protein isolate and brown rice are pretty close to whey.. or not too far away. :D

Edited by EddieE

In another thread you said your bench has plateaued at 135 for a few reps. No hate man, but seriously you're like the least qualified person to give solid diet advice on how to gain muscle mass.

I get that this thread is about alternatives to whey protein isolate, and that's cool, but you realize you don't need any protein powder to get ripped right? And the ones you are recommending are so expensive the people selling them have to laughing their asses off at you buying them.

Yeah just eat lean meat dude - I cut out whey protein and other protein powders, and just eat lots of chicken and lean steak .etc

seriously would be better spending $12 on 1kg of chicken breast than that overpriced stuff

In another thread you said your bench has plateaued at 135 for a few reps. No hate man, but seriously you're like the least qualified person to give solid diet advice on how to gain muscle mass.

I get that this thread is about alternatives to whey protein isolate, and that's cool, but you realize you don't need any protein powder to get ripped right? And the ones you are recommending are so expensive the people selling them have to laughing their asses off at you buying them.

I don't lift that much because I want to do more reps. Not just a few... :)

Yeah just eat lean meat dude - I cut out whey protein and other protein powders, and just eat lots of chicken and lean steak .etc

seriously would be better spending $12 on 1kg of chicken breast than that overpriced stuff

The powder I buy cost me like $8 for 1 LBS. :|

I'm a vegan and I go to the gym to lift weights. Yes, I am trying to gradually get ripped.

I've been drinking only sprouted brown rice protein and is actually working. The one I buy has 25g protein per 30g of serving ( that's like 3 tbsp ) I think it's around 70's percent of protein whereas whey protein is like 90's+ percent. However, I have pea protein isolate and I am going to start mixing these two powder for better result. I haven't done it because it taste pretty bad.

But the pea protein isolate has like 88 percent of protein! Close to a whey protein isolate!

Good luck.

PS: I've gained a few pounds on muscles. Yes I know that whey protein isolate gives better result.

But pea protein isolate and brown rice are pretty close to whey.. or not too far away. :D

Man you are one of the funniest guys on here (compliment haha). I've never heard of over half the stuff you consume in the years I've been on here. Where do you find this stuff? At one time you were taking Jay Robb Protein which I still have never seen EVER lol.... and I buy supplements from all types of places!

And I have to say that it is scientifically been proven for years that whey is by far the best. It has a higher BV than even egg.

Protein BV

Whey isolate 110-159

Whey concentrate 104

Whole egg 100

Cow's milk 91

Egg white 88

Fish 83

Beef 80

Chicken 79

Casein 77

Soy 74

Rice 59

Wheat 54

Beans 49

Where is your product lol?

EDIT: Also the protein I've been recommending for at least 2 years, Isoflex is in the 140-159 range at the very top. :D

Dang man. You take no prisoners lol.

Edited by Necromancer

Lifting heavy is what will help you "gradually get ripped"

a lot of weight beats out a lot of reps every time.

IDK why you went vegan honestly, meat doesn't cause breakouts. Only a few quacks on here believe that, if it gives you issues then you are low in stomach acid. Take some betaine HCL to help you digest and break down protein and fat. That's all you ever really need, carbs here and there but nothing excessive (excluding vegetables like broccoli/kale/spinach etc.)

If you were to get a clean whey isolate I'm almost positive you wouldn't break out at all. You'd also save A LOT more money.

Edited by DeAntonio

I need to sort my diet out. I've been trying to eat healthy and cut out wheat and glutan

but i've ended up dropping 38lbs. I'm not happy about that. My skin's looking better

but still far from perfect.

I need to sort my diet out. I've been trying to eat healthy and cut out wheat and glutan

but i've ended up dropping 38lbs. I'm not happy about that. My skin's looking better

but still far from perfect.

That insane. How long is the time period where youve lost the 38 pounds and what are you at now weight/height wise?

That sounds really unhealthy. Dont be afraid of meat, dont be afraid to add some olive oil or coconut oil into your diet. Tablespoons of both at each meal. Eat eggs.

You shouldnt have to sacrifice health, the "acne diet" is meant to improve health as well as your skin.

Edited by DeAntonio

I'm 6'0 and i weigh 170lbs. I used to weigh 206lbs

I eat loads of meat and i cook everything in olive oil

I think cutting out pasta and switching to brown rice is one of the big reasons.

I only drink water now too. I cut out milk and soda.

I think cutting out pasta and switching to brown rice is one of the big reasons.

What kind of olive oil? Olive oil isn't really all that great for cooking especially if it's unrefined because it has a low smoke point and I'm pretty sure when it burns some of it also changes to trans fat which can cause breakouts. Not sure if you knew this so I figured I'd give my 2cents

I love olive oil. You can taste the difference between it and sunflower oil, vegtable oil or butter.

You don't have to switch oils...just cook the meat without oil and add oil afterward. You'll get a richer flavor this way anyway...

What about eating real food instead of these protein powder and vegan bullshits?

Real food? What is that? :genius:

And whey protein powder is real food, it is like the all-star of milk proteins in powder form without the fat and other stuff.

Oh, youre a good weight now. Just lift weights, youre at the perfect weight to get a nice cut physique.

Cooking everything in olive oil isnt really the best idea. Grill, broil or bake chicken. Grill or broil steaks. Grill or pan fry chopped beef. Eggs I use a little olive oil or coconut oil to cook with.

Add the olive oil afterwards. Add in some yams or sweet potatoes and a vegetable, complete meal.

Edited by DeAntonio

You're making it sound as if protein supplements are necessary for muscle growth.

Just eat a balanced diet, eat a lot, and lift heavy. Simple as that.

Protein supplements are too expensive to keep up with and there's no real rush to gain weight!

Vegetables are definitely important, but there's not nearly enough calories to gain a significant amount of weight

Vegetables are definitely important, but there's not nearly enough calories to gain a significant amount of weight

So why not eat a ton of veggies and throw in a candy bar? :razz:

It's ok to eat some meat (unless you choose to be vegetarian/vegan), but vegetables are vital for healthy muscle production. If the gladiators could produce muscle on a mostly vegetarian diet, obviously it's possible.

Also, animal protein has been shown to cause calcium loss in the body because they produce an acidic environment in our bodies. Our bodies use the calcium from our bones to neutralize this. This doesn't mean that you can't eat any meat, just that you need a good amount of vegetables to balance it out to avoid bone loss.

Of course, the exercise helps to strengthen bones, but only to a certain point.

Fiber/nutrients in vegetables also help to balance your hormones, since weight lifting raises testosterone levels.

So eat your veggies like champions, bros. :dance:

When did I say you can't build muscle on a vegetarian diet? I just said a diet of "some" vegetables and greens is not conducive to gaining weight, even though they are important in terms of micronutrients and antioxidants.

Gladiators weren't exactly bodybuilders either. They were athletic, but they weren't even remotely lean, despite what Hollywood wants to show us. And last I recall, grains, nuts, legumes and oils aren't considered vegetables or greens, and that is where they would have gotten the majority of their calories from.

Good luck.

Man you are one of the funniest guys on here (compliment haha). I've never heard of over half the stuff you consume in the years I've been on here. Where do you find this stuff? At one time you were taking Jay Robb Protein which I still have never seen EVER lol.... and I buy supplements from all types of places!

And I have to say that it is scientifically been proven for years that whey is by far the best. It has a higher BV than even egg.

Protein BV

Whey isolate 110-159

Whey concentrate 104

Whole egg 100

Cow's milk 91

Egg white 88

Fish 83

Beef 80

Chicken 79

Casein 77

Soy 74

Rice 59

Wheat 54

Beans 49

Where is your product lol?

EDIT: Also the protein I've been recommending for at least 2 years, Isoflex is in the 140-159 range at the very top. :D

Dang man. You take no prisoners lol.

Ha ha. From the internet. I agree that whey protein is far the best. Sucks that I am vegan. I am thinking of giving up vegan and just buy whey protein isolate! Isoflex seems like a good brand.

Yeah, I can't believe that I wasted money on Jayrobb whey protein. What a waste! I really loved the taste. It's just that I am trying to be very healthy for some reason. :P

Lifting heavy is what will help you "gradually get ripped"

a lot of weight beats out a lot of reps every time.

IDK why you went vegan honestly, meat doesn't cause breakouts. Only a few quacks on here believe that, if it gives you issues then you are low in stomach acid. Take some betaine HCL to help you digest and break down protein and fat. That's all you ever really need, carbs here and there but nothing excessive (excluding vegetables like broccoli/kale/spinach etc.)

If you were to get a clean whey isolate I'm almost positive you wouldn't break out at all. You'd also save A LOT more money.

I do lift heavy. I am not a power guy. My brother, who is younger, could lift more than I.

I can't even compete him yet and it's been a few months.. he stopped lifting a long time ago, so he lift same as me! I don't know what's wrong with me.. I am weak.. he he

It's funny how you guys are talking about eating tons of meat to gain muscle when what you really need are some decent vegetables and greens. Meat protein helps too, but it's obviously not a necessary part of the human diet in such large quantities.

[topic=0]http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Archeological-Discovery-t262600.html&hl=gladiators

:whistle:

That website doesn't work. Anyhow, I agree with you! I only eat plant-based food. I haven't lost weight yet! I gained weight, actually. Yeah, too much whole grain. >_>;

Repect to the op and all the vegans out there. They are ahead of their time. There is no real justification for eating meat now unless for some reason you have some kind of medical condition which means you have no choice to eat it through lack of other alternatives.

I eat meat but i have come to realise that it is barbaric and archaic and that there is no reason why i should take the lives of others if it isn't necessary.

I think it says a lot about myself and others that i still haven't stopped, probably from some kind of misconceived idea that eating meat is required for strength. For this i feal a great sense of shame.

We are still evolving and we continue to develop as a species, in the future people will be amazed that we were ever capable of enslavement, discrimination, war etc and added to this list will be the eating of animals.

If there are any benifits from eating meat they are negligible and many would argue debatable, if it is possible to live on a vegan diet then why should we exploit other beings for no reason. Are people really prepared to take the lives of other beings just because they think it helps their skin?

In terms of ethics consuming milk products is the same as eating meat as it still involves the slaughter of the male calves.

There are plenty of athletes and weight lifters out there who are vegan. Even if eating meat does give you some kind of strength advantage it will always be relative as without juicing you will always be limited to the size you can achieve no matter how much flesh you consume.

vegan bodybuilding

You don't necessarily have to gain bulk to gain strength, just look at Bruce Lee, he put on a lot of mass but then decided to lose it as he wasn't happy with the resulting lack of agility. Many bodybuilders consider him to have one of the most impressive physiques of all time even though he was half their size. I know it's personal preference but we all have different body types and we all suit different builds.

Try ring and bar work for strength gains if you haven't already.