Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xphaminex

My Accutane Log 9/1/10

Hey guys,

So after reading and using this forum for a long time now, I've decided to make an account and post an accutane log. I've spent so many hours researching and reading what people have to say about acne so I thought it's about time. A little background info: I've had severe acne for 2 years now and have tried everything: solodyn, differin, duac, epiduo, fish pills, phosphate gel, toothpaste, baking soda masks, olive oil masks, 10% sulfur masks, and more. Acne plays a big role in hurting my self confidence and appearance and I am through with it. I hate having to double-take myself before I head out because I feel that my skin is not clear. I also hate feeling down about acne and having a bumpy face. I hope that Accutane will give me results and that you guys can give me any feedback as time goes on. Thanks so much and I really do appreciate this forum.

Today is Day 1 for me and I will be taking the pill (40mg dose) at around 6PM. For the first month, I am only taking the accutane pill at night. Along with this pill, I will be using Aquaphor, Burt's Bees chapstick, and Omega 3 1200 mg fish pills. Here's a current picture of my state (I have about 20 active cysts on both my right and left cheeks :/)

post-136853-1283377006_thumb.jpg

post-136853-1283377006_thumb.jpg

Edited by xphaminex

Hey guys,

So after reading and using this forum for a long time now, I've decided to make an account and post an accutane log. I've spent so many hours researching and reading what people have to say about acne so I thought it's about time. A little background info: I've had severe acne for 2 years now and have tried everything: solodyn, differin, duac, epiduo, fish pills, phosphate gel, toothpaste, baking soda masks, olive oil masks, 10% sulfur masks, and more. Acne plays a big role in hurting my self confidence and appearance and I am through with it. I hate having to double-take myself before I head out because I feel that my skin is not clear. I also hate feeling down about acne and having a bumpy face. I hope that Accutane will give me results and that you guys can give me any feedback as time goes on. Thanks so much and I really do appreciate this forum.

Today is Day 1 for me and I will be taking the pill (40mg dose) at around 6PM. For the first month, I am only taking the accutane pill at night. Along with this pill, I will be using Aquaphor, Burt's Bees chapstick, and Omega 3 1200 mg fish pills. Here's a current picture of my state (I have about 20 active cysts on both my right and left cheeks :/)

woohooo!!! we're starting at the same time... i've found an accutane buddy! rofl... good luck, i'm on 20mg every alternate day for the first week and if nothing happens, i need tobump it up to daily (i think my derm is just trying to eliviate my paranoia)...

i've got my fish pills too and vitamin C and glucosamine (preventative joint pain)... good luck i hope it all goes well!!

Thanks for all the support everyone!

Day1:

No real discernable symptoms have come yet; I think I broke out in a few new spots but it doesn't bother me much because I already had enough active cysts on my face. I felt a little lightheaded after taking accutane but I attribute this to the placebo effect. Overall, I'm feeling happy with my decision to take accutane and so far no dry lips, skin, or eyes! Hope things get better and no IB please!

Day 2:

Woke up this morning and noticed that my 10 or so cysts were gone. I don't pick at my acne anymore so I'm assuming the cysts dried up and disappeared while I was sleeping. That's a good sign. My lips are a little drier than usual but my chapstick is doing a great job of moisturizing. No new cysts to report or anything; if anything, I think my face is slowly improving and it's only been two days! It's too early to tell though. Aside from Accutane (Claravis), I'm taking 4-5 Omega 3 (1200 mg) pills a day and 2-3 Vitamin C (500mg) pills a day. Just a random fact...while I'm trying to clear my face I'm also trying to tan my body. I'm using Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer and that seems to be working well; I'm on day two of that as well!

True Story:

Yesterday I felt my acne was so bad because I had so many cysts on my cheeks that I isolated myself for the day. I didn't go to the gym (I usually go everyday), declined offers to hangout with friends, and when I ate, I made sure to eat at drive-thru places only. Kind of sad but I'm sure everyone's had those days before

Edited by xphaminex

aww im sorry about what ur going through.

im going to be starting my second round in a month. my acne used to be mild/moderate, now its just mild but persistant as fuck. ive been on everything imaginable.

thats great that ur taking vitamins! i take fish oil and vitamin C and i would recommend to u adding vitamin E, zinc, and vitamin D3. especially D cuz u can't get any natural D from the sun on tane.

Days 3/4

Nothing much has happened. Today I went to a family bbq and it's been confirmed that my acne got worse. It's not the most pleasant thing to hear but at least I know the accutane is working. It's almost painful to wash my face because it's so bumpy. I hope that this calms down within the next two weeks because I'm starting my first day as a freshman and I'm kind of worried about first impressions... :/

Days 5-9

Acne has gotten better it seems. Still have some active cysts but no where near the amount that I had on Days 1-4. Acne inflammation seems to have gone down and my face isn't as oily anymore. Lately I've gotten the nosebleeds and chapped lipped symptoms of accutane. I now understand why it's so important to always have chapstick around; my lips constantly feel dry. Just finished my first set of 10 pills and have a long ways to go but am happy with the progress. Here's to hopefully the end of my initial breakout and a smooth ride.

I'm still taking my vitamin c and omega 3 pills by the way.

post-136853-1284171976_thumb.jpg

post-136853-1284171976_thumb.jpg

Edited by xphaminex

hahaha so funny you said that AnonymourProblem... i was just about to say WHAT A SMILE :cool:

good luck with your course we're all gunning for you!!

j x

I honestly don't get compliments that often so that really means a lot to me. Thanks to the both of you! :D

I decided that I will do my updates in blocks of 5 days because I realized that not much has happened to my skin and it's not really worth your guys' time for me to keep saying "No changes" for each day.a

Embrace the compliments mate-that smile is wicked. Looked at Ur first pic to check out your acne and I was like wotever-look how white those teeth are!! Good luk with Tane-I hope to get mine from Mister derm in 7weeks. Bring it on!