Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

haha except i spoke too soon. i just got 2 small red spots on my cheek. small. but still. i think its just the 60mg getting some more stuff out. im not gunna worry too much. a tad disappointing though

Do you still have those pesky blackheads on your nose? I am on 80mg a day, and by the 3rd week the 30+ blackheads were reduced to 5 or so. One day I got in the shower and after a few minutes my pores just began to excrete the little guys, it felt great! :D

@mitch: they JUST started to disappear. the ones on the nose are the most stubborn. i still have a good amount, but they are defiantly flaking off and going away. its exciting :)

and to update: the two red dots went away. weird little things. they faded. and u can see like them a TINY bit, if ur looking close.

Edited by X3Kell3X

DAY 85

wow its been a while and alot has happened

first of all. i noticed a lot of clogged pores so i stopped using jojoba oil and they have gone away. howeveer now i have two cysts on my chin. the opposite side of where they were before. they are most likely because im about to get my period... and thats when i got the last one. so that sucks. my black heads are still getting better on my nose. my cheeks look good. my foreheads pretty good except a spot that came up a couple days ago but its going away so its really just my chin thats being a bitch. my oily skin has gone down immensely. so now i only have to blot my nose once or twice a day. JUST MY NOSE. its crazyyyy. and im sure that will even go away soon. im hoping these two huge ones go away and i stop getting nasty ones like that. its getting really annoying. i also changed my routine a little to make it simplier cuz idk if jojoba was breaking me out and im not taking any chances. so im just going to stick with cerave and go back to fruit of the earth aloe vera gel cuz i used that combo for a while with no issues. i know they dont break me out. also.... side note: i got a REALLY bad rash on my hands. i wore gloves back in november to garden and BAM red dots. but now they r worse and the bumps scabbed up and its weird, they only cover the tops of my hands and a tiny bit on my wrist. anyway, i went to my doc cuz the derm office is closed for the holiday and they gave me this cream to put on it. he thought it might be caused by sun sensitivity (due to accutane) that maybe when i was driving the sun came through the windows and hit my hands causing irritation. weird. but oh well. its so gross so i hope these cream helps. so i have an appt next tuesday. im a little pissed off with these random cysts. its month 3. wtf! come on...and ive noticed my chest breaking out.... UGH is this like another IB? from being upped to 60mg? cuz why the hell is my chest breaking out? it never breaks out. my first course cleared it up.

Edited by X3Kell3X

thanks!!

DAY 90

so i ran out of pills.... i have my appointment tomorrow so its basically one day without accutane. AH! i hope that doesnt change anything. i dont think it will. anyway. skin is looking better. no oiliness really. not giant actives, and no actives really at all except tiny red dots that pop up here and there. when i woke up today things looked pretty good. however, i do have horrible redmarks from the huge breakouts i had the past few weeks. those r really unattractive. oh well.. so im hoping things keep going well!! and that my bloodwork turned out okay

DAY.. i have no idea 100 something

so it has been a while. and there were 2 reasons that i did not come on this sight

1) i was SUPER BUSY. Ive been so busy with school and work. Then the holidays hit and i was even more busy. then after new years i had a resolution to hit the gym cuz after my leg surgery i gained a good chunk of weight. soooo. ive been busy now with work, school, midterms, and working out. but ive lost like 4 lbs!! wooo!

2) Accutane was NOT WORKING. i was breaking out, my skin was irritated, red, had bumps all THE TIME. AND CYSTS. so i had my appointment. and i was upped to 80mg. i never took 80mg during my last course and my last course didnt work... ahaha. so anyway. the first two weeks of 80mg were hell. i basically went through ANOTHER IB. it sucked. BUT its been almost a week and my face has not broken out and it looks really nice. my fingers are crossed. i just think 80mgs is the ticket to clearing me up. im really excited about it. i just hope it continues. i still have some blackheads and some clogged/small small spots on my chin but those will go away. so far so good. so i am happy.

i just wanted to check in. I wasn't on because i was unhappy with my progress and i really had just given up. but now im feeling better. its MONTH 4 woooooooooooo

my guess is that i will be on for three more months. a 6 month course is usually not long enough for my disgustingly stubborn skin. but 80mg is doing great at the moment. ill update if anything changes. so if i don't update for a while that either means things are HORRIBLE or things are AMAZING and im living my life. so hopefully i dont respond for the latter reason. we shall see!! sorry for those that read my log for the very delayed update

okay i got a pimple on my chin and another bump on my chin. my guess is its cuz i get my period soon so its hormonal. which i dont mind. i just hope they clear soon and after i get my period i dont get any breakouts till my next one. i don't mind breaking out before my period. just not everyday!

heyy so i saw you said that you were increased to 80 mg. how much do you weigh? you look about the same weight as me (120) and my derm refuses to put me on 80. she goes by my weight and said 60 is exactly where i should be. any particular reason you were increased in your dosage?? i'm just curious so i can plead my case! this is also my second course.. my first course was nov 2009 to april 2010. i started my current course in oct 2010. my derm is thinking i'll still need 2 more months since i'm still having breakouts!

It's been great reading your post and being able to have someone to relate to. I have extremely oily skin also and I don't know whether I hate the pimples more or the oil. I just started accutane 3 days ago so you are a couple of months ahead of me. I have to use 3-4 oil blotting sheets every 3-4 hours. I'm hoping accutane will officially rid me of anymore issues. I hate being insecure and uncomfortable with just talking to people because I feel like they are staring at my oily face! Just a little known fact. If you feel as if it is going to work you better your odds. Your brain can trick your body into doing things. I know it sounds weird but its been proven with placebos. Think positive, stay positive!!

hey kell3 long time since i posted in your log!

dont worry too much about the breakouts in your ..3rd month correct?

i'm in month 5 and i got a random mini cystic pimple on my temple, completely out of the blue, after i thought i was in the clear for so long!

my body acne is completely gone which i'm ecstatic about...my face gets tiny razor bumps from shaving now and then, and this one pimple on my temple was the first significant one in almost 3 months!

so i hear ya on be frustrated sometimes. and shockingly i have to go 4-6 days without accutane cause of the holiday weekend! most people ive asked said it wont make a big difference though..so im not worried.

keep your head up!

@i saw the sign: at the time i weighed 120 so same as you. sometimes i go down to 118 or 115. it fluctuates alot haha. but ya during my first course my derm refused to put me on 80mg and as a result i never cleared up that first course, it was really frustrating. and ya i started in october too! and im still breaking out. i think that because i went to 80mg though that after being on it for almost 2 months i am FINALLY starting to see improvement. i haven't gotten a bump on my forehead in like a month. and my cheeks have been pretty clear excpet for some tiny red bumps, blackheads are better, but my chin is still stubborn. like you ill probably be on for 2 or 3 extra months. id talk to him or her. i would defiantly say 80mg has made a difference in my skin, not 100% but i still have a few months!

@Amandabp: omg ya my skin was just as oily and it was awful!!!!! now its not, but im pretty nervous its gunna come back....cuz it did after my first course. but i agree. staying positive helps, getting your mind off your skin, exercising, eating healthy. its not a cure but it distracts you from dwelling on your skin and focusing on other things you have more control over

@noto214: um im on my fifth month. but when you posted maybe i was on my fourth? ive lost track of days haha. but ya i just got some bad breakout on my chin but otherwise ive been pretty clear except some small red bumps that pop up then disappear after a day or so. so im hopeful! i think with some more time i could finally see some stable/long term results. i rather be acne free for college next year! (or relatively acne free haha)

UPDATE: so its been a long time. i try to avoid posting so that i can focus less on my skin which at this point ive learned that no matter what i eat, put on it, take for medicine, its gunna break out when it does or be clear when it wants to. yes, i can say that now on my fifth month of accutane, at 80mg, that my skin is better. i havent gotten a cyst in a while and really the only breakout ive gotten is two blackheads on my chin turning to whiteheads. which were painful but still, that was it. i get random bumpls, fleshcolored and red, generally small. the blackheads on my nose have gotten way better, as well as my chin. i have a derm appt next week and hopefully i can continue on 80mg. last time my triclycerides or however you spell it were high and she said if they are high again she will take me off 80mg which would suck! but she also reassured me that this time she WILL NOT take me off accutane unless my skin has been clear for a month or more. so thats very good. shes determined to have me clear this time around. at the moment ive tried to keep my routine VERY simple, since whenever i tried to use any type of oil i broke out. so its basically whats in my signature below. except my derm has told me recently to spot treat when i need to with differin. so ive been doing that, which i was hesitant about at first, but i find that it does help. when i see some bumps, i put a very small amount of differin on that area and i find fewer bumps the next morning! my skin has been very dry due to cold weather, dry air, and the 80mg. but aquaphor helps tons! ill try and remember to update after my appt!

so im still at 80mg. this is technically my sixth month but i will most likely do two more months after this. i had lke 4 days where i only took 40mg and 2 days where i took nothing last week cuz my pills ran out then the pharmacy had trouble filling it. it was really irritating. and i noticed some spots under my skin pop up. just flesh colored bumps. but now things are kind of going back to normal. and ive only had one blackhead on my chin that got red but thats getting better. so things are really doing alot better. im very hopeful that i iwll finally clear up. i know i will never be 100% acne free and it will never be perfect but so far im very pleased. three more months and hopefully ill be putting alot of this behind me!

i hope everyone else is finding success!

Quickkk update: i get my period fri and i got two red pimples on my left cheek. but other than that im good!! and things are still clearing.

UPDATE:

7th month with 60mg.

skin is fantasticcccccc!! im really happy about it. with the 60mg my skin is less dry/red so that is a nice bonus! i basically never breakout except.....

around that time of the month. and its pretty bad when i do. SO i talked to my derm and she suggested a new birth control so i have to go to a gyno and all that. so im hoping that will help my stubborn hormonal breakouts. thats really all the problems i have at the moment. i am nervous to go off....

LAST POST. i just finished accutane last week. i have my derm appointment tomorrow and im so happy that im finally off this medicine because i was on it for so long. im happy with my skin at the moment. it looks good. i do breakout still but not everyday and usually around my period. however i just switched to ocella (yasmin generic) and i have a feeling that will take care of those stubborn breakouts. i spot treat with a retin a thing and that seems to work okay. otherwise my skincare is pretty basic, wash/moisturize, spot treat and take my bc. and im hoping that will be my routine from now on. i also just started up my vitamin regimen again because i stopped for a while because i didnt think it was doing anything. but as soon as i stopped taking them i got really sick and realized it was the vitamin c that was keeping the colds away. so i have started that up again but this time im taking vitamin a, e, c, and calcium with vitamin d in it. so far so good. i also went on celexa, an anti depressant for my anxiety and depression and i have noticed a big improvement with that. i did switch to prozac because celexa made me a zombie. but these medicines have changed my life. i no longer cry daily, have panic attacks, and obssess over my skin. im more relaxed and ive accepted that my skin wont be perfect, i will still get acne, and its not the end of the world. anyway this is a great forum, i learned alot on here, and i will miss it, but its time for me to move on from acne and my obsession over having the perfect skin. its time for me to get out in the world and move on. off to college i go. and a fresh start is what i need. bye bye

-kelly-