Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madtownmarc

Accutane Month 4 Break out

Hi,

I'm on 60mg/day of accutane and from Month 3- to the beginning of Month 4, I started seeing results. No breakouts. But suddenly, two weeks into my Month 4, I've now got to humungous welts growing on the side of my face. Is this normal? Are any of you seeing results and then setbacks?

Hi,

I'm on 60mg/day of accutane and from Month 3- to the beginning of Month 4, I started seeing results. No breakouts. But suddenly, two weeks into my Month 4, I've now got to humungous welts growing on the side of my face. Is this normal? Are any of you seeing results and then setbacks?

Yup! I went in about two weeks ago for my four month check up (completion of four months, that is), and my doctor was surprised that I'm still breaking out. Prior to that, I had also been seeing results (nothing significant, but my face was making slight progress).

In my experience (and based on what I've seen on this forum), it's hard to define what 'normal' is for your skin while on Accutane.

I am actually going through the EXACT same thing. My skin had been clearing up nicely, then when i was just finishing my 4th month, I started getting really bad breakouts. Made my skin worst than what it was before Accutane. I still have 2 months left, but it keeps getting worst with every day that passes. What happened finally?????

My skin broke out during my entire treatment, so much so that my dermatologist started talking to me about a second course. I finished my course a month and a half ago, and I am completely clear :)

Like someone else said, there is no such thing as normal, or average with an Accutane treatment.

Good luck!