Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CJ1981

Can skin breakout not long after using a product??

Hello everyone

I have been having bouts of acne on my back for a little over 12 months now.

I started on the BP/AHA regime a few weeks ago (combined with head and shoulders) and my back cleared up really well within a week. I was so excited! I had no new pimples and the marks were starting to clear up.

BUT on the weekend I was sun baking out in my backyard and decided to put suntan oil on my back (stupid!) and by the time that night came around I had 4 new big sore pimples on my back!

Is it possible to break out so quickly from a product? Or would it just be a coincidence?

Thanks in advance

CJ

Hey CJ1981,

Well, I'm sure you've heard that the acne lesions you see today, started two weeks ago. However, using an oil with pore clogging ingredients probably didn't do you any favors. Plus, as you stated, you were "baking in the sun," which will cause the skin to produce more oil... I think the situation was a lose/lose. You might want to avoid extended time in the sun, or make sure you're wearing a good sunblock. The sun can make your red marks last longer, too... and nobody wants that! :)

I don't know if that really answers your question, but hopefully it "fleshes out" what might have happened, and what to avoid next time. :)