Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
niehaoma

Rosacea, KPRF, something else?

I have had these symptoms on and off for 1 year now. Sometimes it resembles Rosacea, sometimes Seb Derm, Sometimes KPRF (Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Facei). Any ideas?

Edited by niehaoma

Looks more like Rosacea to me, maybe. I would get a referral to a dermatologist for a diagnosis.

Do you have any other symptoms with it? burning? stinging? flare ups?

I have been to a few derms, 5 to be exact. They all say different things.

I have been on [been prescribed]:

Differin

Oracea

Finacea

Protopic

Desonide

Ertaczol

2% Nizoral

Nothing has worked. Gotta love dermatologists.

Ah I was put on Protopic at one point too......that shit is the devil :confused:

To me your face doesn't look bad at all! People say that to me as well, and I think I look like hell. I'd say if those conventional Rosacea treatments aren't or didn't work, that it isn't Rosacea. I think a lot of people with Rosacea do have success with Protopic and Finacea.

I wish I had a better answer for you. You said off and on for a year? Has anything significantly changed in that year.......new stressors, new environment, etc? Maybe it's a reaction to something?

I am an engineer by profession, so quite used to data analysis, etc. I have kept logs, but I have not been able to pinpoint anything definitive. I eat a healthy, restrictive diet. Even tried being Gluten Free. But this latest bout there hasnt been any changes. Usually it stays restricted to the cheeks/nose (looks to me like Malar rash sometimes, aka, Lupus), but lately it is extending down the side to the jawline. Frustrating. Sometime it burns, sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes it itches, sometimes it doesnt. This last round, as seen in picture, developed over the last three days.

Here is an image from today in natural light.

Edited by niehaoma

Get some blood work done to test for Lupus. I'd still say it appears as though it's a mild form of Rosacea. But I know Rosacea tends to affect people with fair skin, light eyes, and hair........but who knows. The burning makes me think Rosacea too...that's a symptom of Rosacea, a symptom I experience as well.

Lupus test results came back negative.

I see about 110 people viewed this thread. No one else with similar issue? Any more feedback?